Sena type headsets

Dave177

Looking for a set of sena type headsets and looking for a bit of advice. We would use them mostly on arb jobs etc however in my van I have a head unit that has bluetooth and a microphone for talking on the phone. Can the senas (or similar) connect to this? If they can I would look at fitting them to the digger,tractor etc so the machine drivers can communixate without wearing helmets etc 

The cheap Bluetooth ones on eBay (mine are Freedconn brand) work fine. I’ve had mine out to about 200m though a building and some trees and clarity was fine. They’re advertised to work to 800m.

That will have radio for the 800m Range and the Bluetooth will work to about 10m I would imagine.
Which ones are they out of interest as they could be useful to me.

That will have radio for the 800m Range and the Bluetooth will work to about 10m I would imagine.
Which ones are they out of interest as they could be useful to me.

Look through my posts on here. I showed how I installed them on a helmet.

The cheap Bluetooth ones on eBay (mine are Freedconn brand) work fine. I’ve had mine out to about 200m though a building and some trees and clarity was fine. They’re advertised to work to 800m.

I use the same and you definitely can’t complain for the money , only issue is you can only pair three sets but to be honest we only use two any way when rigging, I love them, no shouting brings so much less stress to the job being able to calmly talk through what needs doing.

26 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I use the same and you definitely can’t complain for the money , only issue is you can only pair three sets but to be honest we only use two any way when rigging, I love them, no shouting brings so much less stress to the job being able to calmly talk through what needs doing.

These sound good, do you have to press a button to talk or are they talk activated?

Any chance of a couple of pics too please on how you have attached them?

thanks. 

730f2aa0e27e5da850cb2e7cc469b449.jpg
Continuous talk mate , can get annoying if they are using saws ! I just clip the receiver on the back head band , put one ear piece in the helmet muff the other with the mike is velcroed on to the inside of the lid so you can’t hear from that one but have not found it to be an issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattyF said:

730f2aa0e27e5da850cb2e7cc469b449.jpg
Continuous talk mate , can get annoying if they are using saws ! I just clip the receiver on the back head band , put one ear piece in the helmet muff the other with the mike is velcroed on to the inside of the lid so you can’t hear from that one but have not found it to be an issue.

Thanks mate think ill grab a pair!