Scotland - Arb' Association talks..or lack there of..

ArbMish

1 minute ago, Andymacp said:

I and at least one employee would be keen for the 3998 and the risk assessment one. Why Pitlochry? Still over 2hrs away, much better but why not inverness at the college ?

Trying to pitch it centrally...ish for Perth, Dundee Stirling n Aberdeen too...or have I missed the point n contributors are Inverness'centric?

Cheers,

Paul

Realistically there need to be several events to keep the Scottish population happy.  For example, I could be wrong, but bear with me.  Would you put on an English AA event in say Nottingham in order to attract members from Newcastle and London?  It's just under 300 miles from London to Newcastle.  About 50 miles less than Dumfries to Thurso, but there's only one location to cover this distance.  I fully appreciate that there are more members which make more events viable (I also fully appreciate that I'm not an AA member), but you do seem to expect a lot of people to travel a long way for an event.

9 minutes ago, Spruce Pirate said:

Realistically there need to be several events to keep the Scottish population happy.  For example, I could be wrong, but bear with me.  Would you put on an English AA event in say Nottingham in order to attract members from Newcastle and London?  It's just under 300 miles from London to Newcastle.  About 50 miles less than Dumfries to Thurso, but there's only one location to cover this distance.  I fully appreciate that there are more members which make more events viable (I also fully appreciate that I'm not an AA member), but you do seem to expect a lot of people to travel a long way for an event.

Forgive me but I've missed your point here...are you saying Pitlochry wouldn't work for you, or is your point a general one?

Apologies..

Paul

No, Pitlochry would actually be alright for me.  The point I was trying to make is that the AA seem to think that its possible to run an event for Scotland in a central location.  Hold it in Perth, roughly in the middle, and that will let those from north, south east and west attend. 

My point is that Scotland is a big place and needs events in multiple locations to be ideal.  So a south west event in Dumfries & Galloway, a south-east event in the Borders, a central event in Glasgow/Edinburgh, western events in Oban/Lochgilphead/Fort William, eastern in Dundee/Aberdeen, Northern in Inverness/Thurso/Huntly.

Does that explain myself any better?

Trying to pitch it centrally...ish for Perth, Dundee Stirling n Aberdeen too...or have I missed the point n contributors are Inverness'centric?

Cheers,
Paul

Just a point that you have at least 10 or so people saying they would attend an event in Inverness yet you suggest somewhere a lot further south.
But yes very central to those places.