Today’s Budget

WesD

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

hahah its not what they say but what they don't say, did this research reveal anything else that might be of interest, like did it store more power into the same density or not?..   after all thats what we're working on isn't it?.

See what I mean about your closed opinions!

No you stated batteries can no longer be developed to be better than what we currently have yet after now 10 minutes of reading solid state and graphene are already around the corner for both tech gadgets and cars, like I said progress. 

There is far too much money at stake for gadgets and cars so batteries will not stand still. The first car to hit 400 miles on one charge will sell in the bucket loads. 

Apple vs Samsung the 1st one to create a phone that will  last a week with all the gadgets on it that we are now accustomed too guess what will sell in the bucket load. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WesD said:

See what I mean about your closed opinions!

No you stated batteries can no longer be developed to be better than what we currently have yet after now 10 minutes of reading solid state and graphene are already around the corner for both tech gadgets and cars, like I said progress. 

There is far too much money at stake for gadgets and cars so batteries will not stand still. The first car to hit 400 miles on one charge will sell in the bucket loads. 

Apple vs Samsung the 1st one to create a phone that will  last a week with all the gadgets on it that we are now accustomed too guess what will sell in the bucket load. 

making batteries safer is one thing, making em better suggests making em pack more power into an ever smaller area...  ie Samsung Apple

So theres two problems to solve, to make em more efficient as well as safer..   packing in more energy into and ever more dense area still gets you into the problems of thermodynamics..  to whit, the more you pack in, the greater the instability..  

So, Apple may get a battery that stores more energy, but that comes with greater instability.  instead of a third degree burn you might end up with a missing leg...  somehow I think Apple don't want that sort of publicity..

I suppose they could increase the size of the battery to get round the storage problems, but then it sort of defeats the concept of smaller and better..  

I think apple and Samsung are in a conundrum...  round peg square hole..

making batteries safer is one thing, making em better suggests making em pack more power into an ever smaller area...  ie Samsung Apple

So theres two problems to solve, to make em more efficient as well as safer..   packing in more energy into and ever more dense area still gets you into the problems of thermodynamics..  to whit, the more you pack in, the greater the instability..  

So, Apple may get a battery that stores more energy, but that comes with greater instability.  instead of a third degree burn you might end up with a missing leg...  somehow I think Apple don't want that sort of publicity..

I suppose they could increase the size of the battery to get round the storage problems, but then it sort of defeats the concept of smaller and better..  

I think apple and Samsung are in a conundrum...  round peg square hole..

I’ll try again. Do some research these new ideas don’t have the same issues as they are a completely different way of looking at the problem
  • Like 1

Vesp solid state battery’s will hold charge for longer be charged quicker and are more stable than l-ion batteries. Oh and are the same size. 

Im not sure what your not getting?!

Open your opinion to the fact that a development has happened to prove your original theory that batteries can not develop further wrong. 

Solid state and graphene batteries are being developed to overcome the flaws of instability and limited life cycle before recharge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Well I subscribe to a utuber who's also a nuclear scientist..  he does a lot of debunking vids..   anyways, he put up a vid explaining that we're at the limits of battery technology and he doesn't think we can get much further that were we're at..  which by the way is were I'd already settled(due to research)..

Anyways some fascinating footage of phones exploding and explanations as why battery power can be dangerous..  and how and why we're at the limits of battery power usage..

Solid state batteries and graphene batteries will debunk this. 

Billions are are already invested into these 2 alternatives. 

Toyota are penned in to having graphene batteries in their cars to give 400 miles per charge with a more stable battery than l-ion. 

It is happening. 

• Like 1

so much for graphene 

That does prove a couple of things one you may have opened your eyes a bit. And 2 his graphene battery (if it was?) wasn’t very good.
However graphene is made from carbon (look that up!) and there is plenty of that so I’m wondering how much I believe the guy on your video.
Do you really think the likes of Nissan are going to pump hundreds of millions into something that won’t work? A few million spent to see if it works I understand but that big an investment needs to have proved itself to them first!

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

That does prove a couple of things one you may have opened your eyes a bit. And 2 his graphene battery (if it was?) wasn’t very good.
However graphene is made from carbon (look that up!) and there is plenty of that so I’m wondering how much I believe the guy on your video.
Do you really think the likes of Nissan are going to pump hundreds of millions into something that won’t work? A few million spent to see if it works I understand but that big an investment needs to have proved itself to them first!

I think the point the fella was making was a cost benefits analysis..  why invest in exotic materials when we already have cheaper options to hand...  I haven't a clue about Nissan or their batteries, perhaps I might see if I can find out what their game is..  could just be a gimmick as far as I know.   wouldn't be the first time manufacturers sell on peoples perceptions..  If customers imagine its a graphene battery perhaps they imagine it might be better..  who knows..  perhaps they've got better miles per charge because they've lowered the weight of the car?.