Today’s Budget

WesD

8 hours ago, Billhook said:

I see that he has put aside 40 billion for the need to build 300,000 more homes and yet the net immigration is still 250,000 in spite of the exodus due to Brexit.  Keep going like this and we will not have much left in the way of woods or farmland!

Still, what do expect when you put remainers in charge

From what I have read recently only 6% of the UK is developed ( houses , factories , shops, roads  etc ) and 12% is woodland and approx 50% farmland .   Just look on google earth and see how green this country is , I do not wish to see more development but as the population everywhere increases and people always seem to want bigger houses , second homes  etc etc it is inevitable ...sadly ....

2 hours ago, devon TWiG said:

From what I have read recently only 6% of the UK is developed ( houses , factories , shops, roads  etc ) and 12% is woodland and approx 50% farmland .   Just look on google earth and see how green this country is , I do not wish to see more development but as the population everywhere increases and people always seem to want bigger houses , second homes  etc etc it is inevitable ...sadly ....

I realise that there is room to build, but what I do resent is people telling me that we need immigrants to build these houses when the immigrant figures are the same as the houses needed.

Same with the nurses, doctors and teachers, they say that we need more immigrants to help reduce the pressure on these systems............ brought about by immigration.

It is purely a question of numbers rather than race

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vespasian said:

To be honest the budget was sort of underwhelming, I didn't find anything to get exited about..

I read online about a joke Phil had made in regards Jeremy  Clarkson, so searched it out this morning..  even that turned out to be poorly delivered but the MP's had a good giggle so it sort of worked..

Not worth spending quarter of hr this morning tryin the find the damned thing though..

I thought you spent time to get educated before forming an opinion? If that's the actual case, surely you're used to end results that weren't worth the research?

There are one or two good things like raising the income tax level and the top rate up .However on the housing front I think these figures of 300k per year new houses are unachievable and I don't think after a few years there will be the demand for such quantities . With regards to first time buyers I think they should have some government backed savings scheme to help them with the deposit higher rate of interest and whatever money they put in they shouldn't have tax or ni deducted from it this would encourage them to save and what about tax relief on mortgage payments just a couple of ideas better than a headline giveaway which is a help but isn't that big a gift

13 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

I thought you spent time to get educated before forming an opinion? If that's the actual case, surely you're used to end results that weren't worth the research?

I think you missed the part were I said, "if I'm interested in a subject"..

I'm not really interested in the budget, or wasn't till I thought I'd point out an interesting observation..  as far as I'm concerned the Chancellor has his hands tied behind his back due to our national debt and for the next few years will be tweaking a budget as much as he can and not spending money like its going out of fashion.. so basically any budget is gonna be pretty boring..

As to wasting time researching a subject and finding you might as well as not bothered, well its better to engage the brain investigating a subject than watching the telly..  not to mention I enjoy investigating subjects, its sort like detective work..  thus, it is never a waste of time..

speaking of wasting time, I watched a good vid on utube last night, sort of came up in my recommendations..  about some scientists who think they might of made some breakthrough in battery power..   holds ten times the charge, be able to drive for longer, far'er and an all that.

Well I subscribe to a utuber who's also a nuclear scientist..  he does a lot of debunking vids..   anyways, he put up a vid explaining that we're at the limits of battery technology and he doesn't think we can get much further that were we're at..  which by the way is were I'd already settled(due to research)..

Anyways some fascinating footage of phones exploding and explanations as why battery power can be dangerous..  and how and why we're at the limits of battery power usage..

you should watch it, you might learn something...   it might seem like a waste of time learning about these things, but one day, that knowledge might come in useful..   

4 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I think you missed the part were I said, "if I'm interested in a subject"..

I'm not really interested in the budget, or wasn't till I thought I'd point out an interesting observation..  as far as I'm concerned the Chancellor has his hands tied behind his back due to our national debt and for the next few years will be tweaking a budget as much as he can and not spending money like its going out of fashion.. so basically any budget is gonna be pretty boring..

As to wasting time researching a subject and finding you might as well as not bothered, well its better to engage the brain investigating a subject than watching the telly..  not to mention I enjoy investigating subjects, its sort like detective work..  thus, it is never a waste of time..

speaking of wasting time, I watched a good vid on utube last night, sort of came up in my recommendations..  about some scientists who think they might of made some breakthrough in battery power..   holds ten times the charge, be able to drive for longer, far'er and an all that.

Well I subscribe to a utuber who's also a nuclear scientist..  he does a lot of debunking vids..   anyways, he put up a vid explaining that we're at the limits of battery technology and he doesn't think we can get much further that were we're at..  which by the way is were I'd already settled(due to research)..

Anyways some fascinating footage of phones exploding and explanations as why battery power can be dangerous..  and how and why we're at the limits of battery power usage..

you should watch it, you might learn something...   it might seem like a waste of time learning about these things, but one day, that knowledge might come in useful..   

http://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-wins-50m-bet-with-giant-battery-for-south-australia-11141165

Think somebody needs to tell this guy that battery technology has been extracted to its max and there is no room for improvement. 

I dont know the gy personally but I get the feeling he’d disagree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WesD said:

http://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-wins-50m-bet-with-giant-battery-for-south-australia-11141165

Think somebody needs to tell this guy that battery technology has been extracted to its max and there is no room for improvement. 

I dont know the gy personally but I get the feeling he’d disagree. 

I doubt you watched or understand what thunderfoot was getting at..  Batteries are stored energy, the greater the storage the greater the danger if they malfunction..  currently a battery in a mobile phone might release that energy in the form of a flaming torch..  as they have done... video footage can be seen in the vid..

Increase the density of the energy in said battery and the greater the danger if they breakdown..   its simple, batteries are a compromise between density of stored energy and how dangerous they might become if they malfunction..

As to Elon Musk,  he's something of an idiot in regards the things he plows his money in.   Thunderfoot has debunked a few projects of his..

Musk is a dreamer who for the most part is an idiot.. an idiot with money to burn mind. 

He might be able to make a big battery, it never has been hard, what he doesn't seem to appreciate is the bigger the battery, the bigger the fire, the greater the danger to those around said battery if they explode in flames..

1 minute ago, Vespasian said:

I doubt you watched or understand what thunderfoot was getting at..  Batteries are stored energy, the greater the storage the greater the danger if they malfunction..  currently a battery in a mobile phone might release that energy in the form of a flaming torch..  as they have done... video footage can be seen in the vid..

Increase the density of the energy in said battery and the greater the danger if they breakdown..   its simple, batteries are a compromise between density of stored energy and how dangerous they might become if they malfunction..

As to Elon Musk,  he's something of an idiot in regards the things he plows his money in.   Thunderfoot has debunked a few projects of his..

Musk is a dreamer who for the most part is an idiot.. an idiot with money to burn mind. 

He might be able to make a big battery, it never has been hard, what he doesn't seem to appreciate is the bigger the battery, the bigger the fire, the greater the danger to those around said battery if they explode in flames..

It’s risk vs reward in the Australia case. 

As for him him being an idiot well I’d rather be an idiot with billions than a gardener with no tv license. 

Batteries in in their current form may have been exhausted but surely there are inventions around the corner to shake things up again. 

A bit like diesel emissions at the moment yet with the help of DPF Cummins have made a near zero emission 5l engine and stuck it in a Nissan Titan. 

The one thing about these billionaire idiots who don’t pay enough tax is they somehow keep revolutionising tech and to a point the world. 

Pfft idiots!

• Like 1

I’m sure mr musk is upset that thunderfoot has debunked his projects.

Saying batteries won’t develop from today is just daft backwards thinking. People thought the iPhone was stupid and wouldn’t sell........

Someone in the not too distant future will crack some way of doing it which will probably be some completely different form of battery and it will hold loads of charge and recharge quickly and not explode it’s just a matter of time.

He is right about current batteries exploding but I could have told everyone that!

Intelligent people can make a case for just about anything sound sane!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

I’m sure mr musk is upset that thunderfoot has debunked his projects.

Saying batteries won’t develop from today is just daft backwards thinking. People thought the iPhone was stupid and wouldn’t sell........

Someone in the not too distant future will crack some way of doing it which will probably be some completely different form of battery and it will hold loads of charge and recharge quickly and not explode it’s just a matter of time.

He is right about current batteries exploding but I could have told everyone that!

Intelligent people can make a case for just about anything sound sane!

I'm sure Elon Musk has watched Thunderfoots vids as well..  he knows what he's talking about..

And no, its not backwards thinking to think we've hit a brick wall in battery development..  Thunderfoot based his rejection of these superpower batteries on the laws of thermodynamics...   not as gut feeling you seem to do..