no internet on my phone?

flatyre

38 minutes ago, flatyre said:

hey folks I have a Samsung J5 and for some really annoying reason I can't get internet outside of the house. Has anyone any clue why?

may be trying to stay on your home wife but the signal isn't strong enough, but the wifi is also blocking 3g/4g.  I get that often and just disable wifi on my phone

I think Steve probably has it. Sometimes the phone just can't decide whether to get the internet via the mobile signal or Wi Fi so doesn't work. Try upping your Wi Fi signal with Devolo or TP link extenders - that should help or get a better router that pushes out a stronger signal - mine works a good 40 yards away!

44 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I think Steve probably has it. Sometimes the phone just can't decide whether to get the internet via the mobile signal or Wi Fi so doesn't work. Try upping your Wi Fi signal with Devolo or TP link extenders - that should help or get a better router that pushes out a stronger signal - mine works a good 40 yards away!

what router do you use?  Have had nothing but trouble since moving to our new house.  Its an old building, lots of thick brick walls inside that seem to stop the wifi getting through anywhere

It is a Billion 7800DX, they are pricy but got an eBay steal. The fancy thing about this one is you can tweak the SNR ratio of the signal so the ISP doesn't have the last say on your signal with their DLM (Dynamic Line Management) software. With most ISPs, this boosts marginal signals but TalkTalk introduced new DLM software a year ago that cocked up my setup but that is history!

That is what I have and it has been a decent bit of kit.

7 hours ago, spudulike said:

The other thing that can help is these network extenders. You basically plug your router in to one, it plugs in to the mains and you turn your mains power lines in to a WiFi network - that is what I was suggesting with the TP Link and Devolo ones - simple and effective.

We have that going on . Signal runs through all the house wiring . Helps my lad using his X box live up stairs .:001_smile:

Thanks folks, but my mobile works perfectly in the house, when I go into the wifi settings it shows three available networks, the home network BTHub5-**** plus BTWifi-with-fon, and also Wifi-X. though both of these usually drop off though sometimes my mobile connects to the BTwifi-with-fon rather than the house network so I end up using a lot of data. But I can't seem to get BTWifi-with-fon when i'm out and about?

Thanks folks, but my mobile works perfectly in the house, when I go into the wifi settings it shows three available networks, the home network BTHub5-**** plus BTWifi-with-fon, and also Wifi-X. though both of these usually drop off though sometimes my mobile connects to the BTwifi-with-fon rather than the house network so I end up using a lot of data. But I can't seem to get BTWifi-with-fon when i'm out and about?

The bt with fon only has the same range as your normal one. If you pass another house for example that has it you can use it if on bt yourself. There’s an app that will connect you to it more easily