Valtra 8050 shuttle box not engaging/slipping

Jonny Burch

Afternoon

Just went out to take the tractor to the car wash and couldn't get the shuttle box to work. Seems to be stuck in the middle gear of the 3 but will sometimes engage 3rd. But then occasionally then slips out or even drops power

Typically it's got a busy week ahead!

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Many thanks

Jonny

Check the earths Jonny , our Valmet has given us loads of grief and was all fixed when they re-earthed the switch’s.
We also have problems now with the gears going from high to low box’s but that’s linkage .. get underneath and wiggle and it’s fine!

Not sure if they use a similar system to the 6600 etc however just been deing with one that the delta shift wouldnt work, it turned out to be the solenoid that operates the deltashift valve. You can test/bodge this by swapping the solenoid from the pto valve 

• Like 1

Not sure if they use a similar system to the 6600 etc however just been deing with one that the delta shift wouldnt work, it turned out to be the solenoid that operates the deltashift valve. You can test/bodge this by swapping the solenoid from the pto valve 

Spoke to Paul at Wilson’s this afternoon and he suggested it could be a solenoid too. My mechanic here tomorrow night so hopefully he can figure it out

[emoji1303]

So we think the problem is the clutch.. bugger.

Ideally I’d like Wilson’s to fix it but as they’re in Scotland the haulage would kill it. Can anyone recommend anywhere that can fix it near me (Guildford).

Can get the service repair kit, just need a good mechanic to sort

Many thanks

Jonny

didnt it come with a bit of warenty?

theres a couple of guys down my way that id be happy to reccomend but obviously there still be a bit of haulage

ive used both of them to work on both tractors and my mog

either

Peter Noble Ltd

Wychwood, Highwood, Ringwood, BH24 3LG

Tel 01425 474987

or

Dovey Ltd

Lynwood Lyndhurst Rd, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7YP

Tel 01590 611095

Seems to be slipping in one of the shuttle gears. Had a rough price from Lister’s [emoji15] and a more sensible one from Wilson’s [emoji1303]

Waiting to here if my mobile mechanic can get some workshop space somewhere. If not I’ll be calling the ones mentioned. If anyone has any more ideas I’d really appreciate them.

Thankyou