Serious drought of Arb workers?

Old Mill Tree Care

59 minutes ago, Gray git said:

That's true but then that's another whole issue about how the public perceive this industry against a plumber and how the rates the public is willing to pay for each trades work against the cost of doing it. Also the industry itself undervaluing itself with undercutting and some firms both big, small and unqualified working for cost.
Admittantly some companies are like the picture above with the boss taking all the cream and not putting back into the business and its staff

Underbidding  is something I,ve done  a lot of in the past  1990s    :  (  

It took me a while to understand that this will win you lots of work ..  yes   .... crappy work ..

Now I give a written price after talking the potential customer through the whole job  . 

90 % of our work  now  comes from  recommendations.

• Like 1

Costs are definitely going up and wages NEED to go up so the only thing that can give is the price we charge to the customer. It takes some balls to up your prices but in my (admittedly short) experience it's not the domestic customers you need to worry about. If you listen to them, give lots of free advice and tidy up nicely they will pay any reasonable fee 90% of the time.

Local authorities, utilities and agents subbying work out though... they can have totally unrealistic expectations. I used to do work on a council contract in Richmond, Surrey back in the early 2000's. Full size London Plane? £200 to reduce, £220 to Fell! Maximum size Black Poplars by Hammersmith Bridge (ie they would've been 40metres before pollarding) £375 each to re-pollard. Don't expect things to be much better now.

• Like 2

Looking for work.
Ten years experience.
Felling, processing, milling green wood working etc.
Cs 30&31
Looking for reputable employer.
Willing to relocate for the right job.
All own new saws 261,461,661,880.
Ppe etc.
No cowboys, fagins or "start you on £50 a day BS"
Looking to get climbing and further qualifications.
All enquiries
Into early starts and arriving early.
Physically fit, keen, hard worker.
Saul
Thanks

• Like 1