best brashing tool ?

david lawrence

23 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I took some of WillsMills' to the narrow boats, they liked them a lot but considered them uneconomic at that price compared with smokeless coal in bags.

But how big or heavy were the bags?  These net bags are certainly over 25 kg [I have not measured them on a scale, the only scale I have is that my wife cannot lift them and she can pack a mean punch!)

The main thing is that they keep nagging me for more and that must say something

How much do the bags of coal  weigh?

I remember on a thread on branch loggings there were people selling them for £7 a bag in the West Country but it was a lot colder that Winter

16 minutes ago, Billhook said:

But how big or heavy were the bags?  These net bags are certainly over 25 kg [I have not measured them on a scale, the only scale I have is that my wife cannot lift them and she can pack a mean punch!)

The main thing is that they keep nagging me for more and that must say something

How much do the bags of coal  weigh?

I remember on a thread on branch loggings there were people selling them for £7 a bag in the West Country but it was a lot colder that Winter

They were standard green carrot nets, I estimate less than 15kg, bags of smokeless coal are 10kg and £5.50.

The thing is it's marketing, you have people after more so sell to them. I thought the narrow boat market, where most residential or permanent cruising boats have a solid fuel stove, was an ideal market but couldn't break into the established marketing chain in the one boatyard I tried. The reason given was price for the given amount of heat. As the input material had low cost most of the cost was in packing and delivery, which might have come down with scale. I became too busy to pursue it.

I shall not eulogise on here anymore about my Urban SM70 branch logger as some barstewards came onto the farmyard some time over the weekend and stole it.  I have put the details in the stolen equipment site here

i think that they must have mistaken it for a chipper

Andy at Welmac has only sold four SM70 in the whole U.K. And mine is the only one in Lincolnshire.

So keep your eyes peeled and pm me if you hear anything