Not getting on with hitchclimber.

Mark Wileman

Thought so, just the eye looked a lot tighter than they normally get them.  Awesome rope.  If you can get hold of some marlow double braid sailing rope it will perform better than anything else on that rope, cheap as chips too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEARANCE-Marlow-Doublebraid-Sailing-Marine-Rope-8mm-x-6-5m-Red-Fleck/272885944302?hash=item3f89450fee:g:cLoAAOSw6DtYSXxn

Is it rated as hitch cord? That link was for 6.5mm line.

11 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Is it rated as hitch cord? That link was for 6.5mm line.

It was at the time I was using it, I check the breaking stength and it was well within the parameters.  It doesn't last as long as some of the super duper heat resistant cords, but it performs better, and cost about £1 a meter!

The trick is getting the right hitch to match the hitch cord.I tried the VT-too much fannying around dressing it

Distel tended to bind up unless the hitch cord was a bit "fluffy"

Try the knut or the michoacan(think thats how to spell it)

Both worked for me.

Are you using a pinto  type pulley or the dmm triple hole pulley?

Edited by stihlmadasever

5 minutes ago, Marksquirrell said:

I’ve never known people on the HC not have to tend the knot for it to grab onto the rope properly. Which is why I love the zigzag so much and can’t praise it enough. (Sorry)

It can be done Mark but its rare, and often not replicated when you change cord, or even once its a bit more worn

3 hours ago, wiley said:

Hey Steve, yeah I'm happy with the hand over hand, then using free hand to pull the slack through: my issue is it wont bite without me tending the knot, and at that point I've ran out of hands :)

Yeah I think I just need to practice and test the VT a bit more, it's just a very long knot.. only advice has been reading stuff on here.

VT's tend to need tending.  They're more predictable when there's enough weight in the rope.  I always check the hitch is sitting right before I put my weight on it.  What you can do if you've only got two hands, is once you've pulled the slack through,  keep hold of the rope under the hitch, and slide the hitch up the rope before weighting it.

Have you tried a Knut

Edited by Mark J