Not getting on with hitchclimber.

Mark Wileman

Literally expected that as the first comment [emoji4] If zigzag was SRT friendly then I would grab one but I like the versatility of knots! 

I found it hard to transition from prussic/Blake’s to HC because I was used to holding my weight on the trailing end of the rope under the hitch.
I ended up on my backside more than once because I wasn’t letting my full weight load the hitch. (I don’t know if this is what you are experiencing?)
One way round the problem of having the HC so close to the bridge is the
O-rig system.
This guy explains it well.

In the end I got a zig zag, I never got round to using SRT.

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Hey Steve, yeah I'm happy with the hand over hand, then using free hand to pull the slack through: my issue is it wont bite without me tending the knot, and at that point I've ran out of hands :)

Yeah I think I just need to practice and test the VT a bit more, it's just a very long knot.. only advice has been reading stuff on here.

3 minutes ago, wiley said:

Hey Steve, yeah I'm happy with the hand over hand, then using free hand to pull the slack through: my issue is it wont bite without me tending the knot, and at that point I've ran out of hands :)

Yeah I think I just need to practice and test the VT a bit more, it's just a very long knot.. only advice has been reading stuff on here.

how long?  what length cord and how many wraps do you do?  I used to use 120cm and 3 wraps, 2 braids

Thought so, just the eye looked a lot tighter than they normally get them.  Awesome rope.  If you can get hold of some marlow double braid sailing rope it will perform better than anything else on that rope, cheap as chips too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEARANCE-Marlow-Doublebraid-Sailing-Marine-Rope-8mm-x-6-5m-Red-Fleck/272885944302?hash=item3f89450fee:g:cLoAAOSw6DtYSXxn

• Like 1