Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

17 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Yes my family were more important.  That is the underlying reason.

I have been disenchanted with the state of affairs in the UK for a number of years now.

Better wages, better standard of living for me and the family with better prospects. So far it hasn't been all plain sailing but I truly believe we have made the correct decision for our future.

surely if I was a fully fledged remainer, I would still be there?

Norway may not be directly be in the EU but it does have strong ties and opportunities to members of EU countries.

Again fair enough ......... 

Better wages, better standard of living for me and the family with better prospects. So far it hasn't been all plain sailing but I truly believe we have made the correct decision for our future.

Isn’t this a good enough reason to vote out?

You became disenchanted with things whilst we where/are in the EU. 

13 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It cannot be overlooked that the (apparent) single most important UK factor in the EU referendum was immigration.  Without wishing to focus solely on that point - it cannot be overlooked since it touches so much of what follows.

The 'people' of the UK (and several other EU countries) found themselves out of kilter with Merkel's (i.e. the EU) policy of open doors.  For balance - I am not fundamentally opposed to immigration (a good man once described a points based immigration system thus:  "...a nation where they (immigrants) will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character...) and it's as relevant now as it was then.  But we still haven't done it.

Negotiation with the EU is an impossible dream - it simply will not happen.  Imagine trying to quote a single job for a dozen different customers that don't actually like or want you to get the job, dislike you for their perception of you having previously 'got one over on them' despite the reality that all their asses would be in a sling if you hadn't saved them from unimaginable disaster (at immense personal cost) AND that if you did get the job, it would encourage others to recognise how disorganised, inept and corrupt the 'customer coalition' was and not wish to be associated with them in the future thus accelerating the implosion of the 'customer coalition.'  Can you imagine trying to quote for work under those circumstances?  Just wouldn't happen.  

This talk of the 'need' for the migrant labour is a nonsense whilst there are +/- 2 million current UK residents not in work.

As we move towards the deadline it will be increasingly apparent that there is no chance of any form of sensible negotiation - the Left will use the situation to call the Right inept and incapable but this is playing politics, a Corbyn government would be equally (considerably worse) at the task.

Time to stop pretending that it will ever reach a satisfactory conclusion, time to stop wasting time and money trying and to recognise the inevitable.  Just walk away, tell them we'll have a chat when they're ready to behave, until then - do one.

I agree especially with the last sentence.

Obviously im not a trained professional in this field but who is! 

55 minutes ago, WesD said:

Again fair enough ......... 

Isn’t this a good enough reason to vote out?

You became disenchanted with things whilst we where/are in the EU. 

Britain being in the EU wasn't the reason I was disenchanted.  

I just dont don't believe the government want what is best for the population.  They are elite serving the elite and they have their own agendas.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Obviously im not a trained professional in this field but who is! 

I'd nominate Lord Kerr as being eligible to state a reasonably professional opinion on the matter....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/10/brexit-date-is-not-irreversible-says-man-who-wrote-article-50-lord-kerr

Or at least I might if he wasn't a prime example of the type of career diplomat that has made a very comfortable and profitable life suckling at the teat of EU breast milk...  Those so intimately and advantageously inculcated into the death cult are hardly likely to be impartial commentators / contributors to the debate surrounding the process of extrication.  

But on a lighter note, and to continue the Harry Enfield theme, just replace the word "women" with "Brexiteer" and you will have a brief insight into a dinner party at the Vesp residence :

Truely a bloody aweful decision !! Banking sector are already bailing out of London - from car insurance to overseas working, leisure travel and importing chainsaws - shot ourselves in the foot we have ! K

It seems to me that all of the bullets are coming from across the Channel and the North Sea.
If ever there was any doubt about the intentions and integrity of those in Brussels then surely they have been laid to rest now.
It’s very plain to see that they are out to shaft us.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I'd nominate Lord Kerr as being eligible to state a reasonably professional opinion on the matter....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/10/brexit-date-is-not-irreversible-says-man-who-wrote-article-50-lord-kerr

Or at least I might if he wasn't a prime example of the type of career diplomat that has made a very comfortable and profitable life suckling at the teat of EU breast milk...  Those so intimately and advantageously inculcated into the death cult are hardly likely to be impartial commentators / contributors to the debate surrounding the process of extrication.  

But on a lighter note, and to continue the Harry Enfield theme, just replace the word "women" with "Brexiteer" and you will have a brief insight into a dinner party at the Vesp residence :

Now, thats comedy!

It will be very interesting to look back here in 18 months ish to see how it all panned out.

Hopefully the UK will be the cock of Europe and everyone else is reflecting on how badly they backed the wrong horse.

• Like 3

..and We slotted those bullets in the magazine.... Never trusted Brussels but didnt expect the clueless response from West Minster neither K

I agree with Kevin, we should start playing hardball with them. They don’t hold all the cards.

IMO the U.K. Holds an overinflated view of itself, a view shared by many overseas.

I just hope Brexit doesn't screw things up for the younger generations with regard to ease of movement, work and study in other European countries - being able to study in another e.u country and your home country pick up the tab is huge. It's things like this I truly hope aren't lost. 

• Like 3