Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

Aside from the immigration issue , how many people really think our continental neighbours  are truly friends ??    It would seem they are the type that will be your best mate as long as you keep buying them drinks !!    One of the reasons for the leave vote was that they simply do not listen to our concerns and just continue with their own grand plan for Europe .   The free movement of people seems a good idea but it seems to have been a one way thing , how many Brits ( or  other nationals ) have moved to work in Eastern Europe , very , very few I think , more have come to the UK and Germany purely for financial gain and have no vested interest in our country or ways of life and are of the opinion " what can my ( host ) country do for me ?  in effect we are just using them ,  they play a small role in local communities and tend to stick together  , as do most Brits overseas , multiculturalism may sound nice but in reality it will lead to dilution of cultures until they are lost which will be a shame . Financially I think most of us should be prepared for an economic downturn ,mostly due to "confidence " in markets and consumer spending which I personally think is not all together a bad thing as we just cannot keep getting richer for ever and when is enough ,enough ??

• Like 3

No, I think you might be mistaken.... The article clearly says the Roma are from Romania and Slovakia.....

I've seen a report saying there are 200,000 Roma in the UK.... In a time of cutbacks for Brits we suddenly have enough cash to look after 200,000 Roma that are generally unemployable and renowned for crime... 

I can tell by the quality of your arguments you're a Bremainer.

And I can tell by your sweeping statements and xenophobia that your a hardline brexiteer.

2 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Headline you won't see in the Daily Mail

Multi-cultural diverse school creates new jobs. 

Equally you will not   see a Guardian headline about how much theft gypsies are responsible for !!  if you only like to hear what you want to hear then you may as well be deaf .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matelot said:

Why don't you look online and see how many Arab universities rank in the world's top universities? Honestly, the technical skills in the Middle East are generally low.... 

I was an "expat" and not an "immigrant". I wasn't there to stay long term and I didn't need to rely on the charity of Omani taxpayers...

Funny that.  A mate of mine has just come back from training the army in Oman.  There's plenty of highly skilled people over there now.

Which top university did you go to Matelot?

Edited by Mark J

56 minutes ago, john p said:

And I can tell by your sweeping statements and xenophobia that your a hardline brexiteer.

Tbh, I don't think being a Brexiter is anything to do with being a "xenophobe". I think being a Brexiter is more an awareness that the EU is undemocratic and is making life worse for Brits.

I bet you can't give any decent reasons why Brits benefitted by being in the EU?    

• Like 1

Tbh, I don't think being a Brexiter is anything to do with being a "xenophobe". I think being a Brexiter is more an awareness that the EU is undemocratic and is making life worse for Brits.

I bet you can't give any decent reasons why Brits benefitted by being in the EU?    

No,your right, voting brexit doesn’t make you a xenophobe, it’s your opinions and beliefs that make you one.

I like the idea of a non centralised government.  I've seen what central government has done to the north east of England over the years.  That's why i'm against the EU.  I reckon there should be far more in the way of local autonomy.

I have no problem with the free movement of anyone.  People should be allowed to do what they want, so long as they abide by the laws of the land in which they live.

I'd have waited a while to vote leave if I was given the choice, as the current government doesn't seem to have a scooby doo what they're up to.

Edited by Mark J

13 minutes ago, john p said:

No,your right, voting brexit doesn’t make you a xenophobe, it’s your opinions and beliefs that make you one.

Ohh, so you don't have any reasons why the EU benefits Brits. So sad.

The thing is I think you're a xenophobe. You clearly think some countries are inferior and that's why the EU should give them money. Let's face it, the EU is really just a charity where rich countries give poor countries money.