Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

29 minutes ago, Stefan Palokangas said:

They will start off with kicking out Swedes. I will be forced to start up grinding in Sweden.

That’s my wife gone then! Perhaps I can have control of the TV remote for once- ie turn it off.

I haven’t a clue how brexit will materialise (does anyone?) but myself I will be interested to see how it affects agriculture in particular, I think a lot of farmers I know are quite worried, but surely if it’s gokng to cost more to import and export produce- then perhaps there will be more incentive to encourage British agriculture? Selfishly, I used to get a lot of work doing grant funded fencing so I expect that might dwindle further now.

either way, what will be will be and people will just need to adapt to changing times.

I think we will survive. There will be a bit of uncertainty at first but then we’ll thrive.
The ONLY good thing I can think of that the EU did was ban genetically modified food.
If we do end up pulling the drawbridge up then we’ll have to learn how to make decent cars again.

• Like 1

Going to end in a no deal or cancelled at the last minute at this rate. 0 trust in the current British representatives to actually get us a deal. I was 50/50 on leaving but they triggered a50 before even being sure what to do, we could've waited a while worked some things out (even if just internally) then started negotiations from a better standpoint.

8 hours ago, Burgess said:

Going to end in a no deal or cancelled at the last minute at this rate. 0 trust in the current British representatives to actually get us a deal. I was 50/50 on leaving but they triggered a50 before even being sure what to do, we could've waited a while worked some things out (even if just internally) then started negotiations from a better standpoint.

The only way we are going to get any sort of decent deal is to take things to the wire. The EU is used to getting their own way, they think with enough pressure we will cave and stay in the club.

Once they are out of time to make us change our minds they will come up with a compromise, they have just as much, if not more to loose from no deal as we do. 

• Like 2

It cannot be overlooked that the (apparent) single most important UK factor in the EU referendum was immigration.  Without wishing to focus solely on that point - it cannot be overlooked since it touches so much of what follows.

The 'people' of the UK (and several other EU countries) found themselves out of kilter with Merkel's (i.e. the EU) policy of open doors.  For balance - I am not fundamentally opposed to immigration (a good man once described a points based immigration system thus:  "...a nation where they (immigrants) will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character...) and it's as relevant now as it was then.  But we still haven't done it.

Negotiation with the EU is an impossible dream - it simply will not happen.  Imagine trying to quote a single job for a dozen different customers that don't actually like or want you to get the job, dislike you for their perception of you having previously 'got one over on them' despite the reality that all their asses would be in a sling if you hadn't saved them from unimaginable disaster (at immense personal cost) AND that if you did get the job, it would encourage others to recognise how disorganised, inept and corrupt the 'customer coalition' was and not wish to be associated with them in the future thus accelerating the implosion of the 'customer coalition.'  Can you imagine trying to quote for work under those circumstances?  Just wouldn't happen.  

This talk of the 'need' for the migrant labour is a nonsense whilst there are +/- 2 million current UK residents not in work.

As we move towards the deadline it will be increasingly apparent that there is no chance of any form of sensible negotiation - the Left will use the situation to call the Right inept and incapable but this is playing politics, a Corbyn government would be equally (considerably worse) at the task.

Time to stop pretending that it will ever reach a satisfactory conclusion, time to stop wasting time and money trying and to recognise the inevitable.  Just walk away, tell them we'll have a chat when they're ready to behave, until then - do one.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Vesp will know exactly how its gonna be  , Q Vesp ..............................:D       

unfortunately Stubby all I can do is make an educated guess.. 

My guess is the most damage after the economy will be politics..

As it is I'm already expecting a dam to burst over the coming months..  maybe an Autumn election this time round...   

I can see May being replaced and her replacement being a hardline brexiteer, whoever that is will be forced to go to the country for a mandate..    by then people will have had enough.   I expect the Tories to be wiped out at the ballot box on election night....

Trouble is, if I know that so do the Tories...   they're in a bind..   

All I can think is, its gonna get so bad whoever lights the fuse will of passed caring by then....  a sort of, let em vote and be damned.