Show us your pets!

matelot

Thank you guys. In total everything has cost us around £3k. The live rock is one of the single biggest costs (other then the tank) Now it is established it doesn't take up much time. A 10% water change around every 14 days, feed the fish and corals every other day. The corals are pretty easy to look after/grow with the right lighting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nathanzac said:

Thank you guys. In total everything has cost us around £3k. The live rock is one of the single biggest costs (other then the tank) Now it is established it doesn't take up much time. A 10% water change around every 14 days, feed the fish and corals every other day. The corals are pretty easy to look after/grow with the right lighting

I had a marine setup for a few years. Had to get rid of it after splitting up with ex and moving to a smaller house. The one thing I found was I constantly had to top up the water. Literally I was making water (osmosis) constantly and topping it up due to the evaporation. It's the one reason I wouldn't get one again. It was like a full time job. Do you find that? Other t han that I found the marine setup up really enjoyable. The fish had personalities, amazing to watch.

We don't suffer too much with evaporation. By the time our levels have dropped to anywhere near to needing topping up we are usually ready to do a water change. I know what you mean though, some people I've heard of have to do it regularly.
I agree, the fish are amazing!Our lionfish has the best personality. I've managed to get him hand feeding [emoji16]. If anyone is considering a marine setup I'm happy to offer advice and where I can assist

59 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I had a marine setup for a few years. Had to get rid of it after splitting up with ex and moving to a smaller house. The one thing I found was I constantly had to top up the water. Literally I was making water (osmosis) constantly and topping it up due to the evaporation. It's the one reason I wouldn't get one again. It was like a full time job. Do you find that? Other t han that I found the marine setup up really enjoyable. The fish had personalities, amazing to watch.

I've got a dehumidifier in my flat and it produces a fair amount of distilled (pure) water.  You could maybe get one as an easy way to get pure water? 

24 minutes ago, Nathanzac said:

I agree, the fish are amazing!Our lionfish has the best personality. I've managed to get him hand feeding emoji16.png. If anyone is considering a marine setup I'm happy to offer advice and where I can assist

How much do your fish cost? Lol, for me £5 is a *lot* for a fish.