"GPS" topographical tree survey guru sought Oxfordshire

cjdg

Dear All, 

Newbie to Arbtalk but about 6 or so months ago I spotted a post where someone recommended a guy for doing tree surveys who used some whiz-kid super GPS or similar technical gear to put trees on an electronical topographical map so that it could be used for making a management plan for woodland.  I have spend the best part of 5 hours trying to find this post. At the time, I rang up the bloke and spoke to him and foolishly cannot find my record of the conversation. So, my request is if you are the guy I rang up (my wood is near Oxford and is about 20 acres) or if you were the original adviser who posted a recommendation of him or know of the post.... Please advise!  Any other recommendations welcome as I have now joined forces with my next door neighbours and the acreage is now near 100 with another neighbour "thinking" of joining us which would end up nearer 150 acres...

Yours 

CJDG

Edited by cjdg
spello

Anyone up to date and experienced offering professional forestry consultancy in your area  will be using GPS mapping and digital mapping, check for current PI insurance, and be wary of numerous arb focused companies offering this service without the background and qualifications to provide a meaningful serivce.