ARB Approved...views please.

AA Teccie (Paul)

2 hours ago, essential said:

Pay some one to do the paperwork ..pay a decent climber to do a nice reduction....arb approved.....Cheers....look at my new logo on the van

Hi, thanks for your post.

I'm not disputing that some businesses get help, and sometimes ideally a little more help than we'd like them to, but I believe this is the minority. The majority of businesses, perhaps using 'free-lancers' as a matter of course, do it all themselves (perhaps with reference to the AA website.)

The being "more of we just want your money" really is so far off the mark :/

Regards,

Paul  

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I think I've said my bit in the past but to reiterate:  It was, and maybe still is, a club for the boys...back-slapping old school tie and all that. 

Bitter and twisted?  Maybe but with good reason.  It's a long time ago now and I'm past bothering about the AA but what about the contractors who where once approved and still drive around with the logo displayed on trucks and letterheads after dropping out of the scheme. Are you not bothered chasing them up?

Thanks for your post...however I have to disagree, respectfully. The scheme has definitely "moved on" in the respect you refer.

Regarding businesses no longer approved but still using the logo PLEASE send me the 'evidence' and I will personally pursue it.

Regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, john p said:

I'd quite like to be arb approved and think the standard of work me and the team produce would easily qualify, my business/paperwork side of things not so much! Going to go down the CHAS route I think,

Hi John, thanks for the post.

The CHAS route initially may be a good option but if there's no commercial gain in so doing please have a look at Affiliate Contractor Membership as this will help, at least to some extent, with the business / paperwork (see https://www.trees.org.uk/Membership/Affiliate-Contractor ) This offers a pathway to ARB Approved Contractor and hence you have 2 years at this grade before you have to present for assessment.

Give me a call should you wish to discuss and/or try to get to a preparation workshop (FoC.)

Regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

As you well know Paul I have nearly done it a few times before but I still can’t see how it will help me, I’m stacked out with work do a fair bit of large commercial works for national company’s and the usual domestics but I have never been asked for AAAc , I’m happy to do it if it means some thing and gains me but I cant see it , we have all the accreditation needed for large commercial company’s and trust mark for domestics .

Hi Ian, thanks for posting.

As we've discussed before, different contractors get ARB Approved for different reasons and, perhaps, yours would be more about the professional recognition you and the team deserve rather than commercial gains.

Trustmark for domestics ¬¬ 

Cheers again n have a good weekend,

Paul

I do admire the hard work you put in Paul, having to deal with loads on winging tight arse tree surgeons must be heart breaking [emoji23]

For what it’s worth I’m sure I will get to a point where I get fed up of winging and get it done!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ian C said:

I do admire the hard work you put in Paul, having to deal with loads on winging tight arse tree surgeons must be heart breaking emoji23.png

For what it’s worth I’m sure I will get to a point where I get fed up of winging and get it done!

Hey Ian, I'm sure you meant "wHinging" here...as I can't imagine you and your team would ever need to 'wing' it (n "woe-be-tide" if they (the team) ever did!) :D

Don't take too long Ian as it'd be a privilege to undertake another visit to yours n I'm just getting too office bound these days.

Enjoy yer weekend, n thanks again fer yer posts :thumbup1:

Paul

Hey Ian, I'm sure you meant "wHinging" here...as I can't imagine you and your team would ever need to 'wing' it (n "woe-be-tide" if they (the team) ever did!) [emoji3]

Don't take too long Ian as it'd be a privilege to undertake another visit to yours n I'm just getting too office bound these days.

Enjoy yer weekend, n thanks again fer yer posts :thumbup1:
Paul

Lol yes I meant whinging

We will be doing it st some point

12 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Thanks for your post...however I have to disagree, respectfully. The scheme has definitely "moved on" in the respect you refer.

Regarding businesses no longer approved but still using the logo PLEASE send me the 'evidence' and I will personally pursue it.

Regards,

Paul

Glad to hear that it has.