Media Brainwashing

matelot

Well what a read that was [emoji23]
The NHS is always a classic debate. My wife being very "up" in the NHS for many years points out on regular occasions that the main problem is diet. Diabetes alone and obesity costs billions, yes billions of pounds. Smoking, we all know about. It is a domino effect, eat worse, get bad organs, need new organs, need new knees, etc etc. These are the expensive items. In the past we ate what we produced off the land. (Less illness, less need for NHS) unfortunately this goes across all skin colour and nationality.
For what ever reason in the past and present their has never been enough people to do the basic jobs. The Caribbean people were invited by the British government in the 50s/60s to work in the factory's. This was broadcasted throughout the cinemas on the islands "the queen needs you" basically meaning their isn't enough English to do it.
Regarding the whole Africa is thick debate compared to Japan. It isn't really that easy. And it requires a lot of learning and visiting the actually countries to understand fully what is going on. Often simple things like decent ports, soil and a government who wants to help is the main problems. Making England great again attitude is a slight problem as well, the people who say it have not lived through the time when they thought it was great, or were children who remember summers that last 100 days and playing out in the streets safe. England only 100 years ago had extreme poverty and premature deaths.It Is easy to say make it like it was "but only if I'm middle or upper class like on tv", we can't help what we are born into.
What everyone would benefit from is tighter borders, real checks, real controls. Look how hard it is to get into New Zealand unless your a arborist [emoji23] any slight link to any organisation and it's a no. Also don't get me started on the lack of motivation to do any work by young men in this country.

• Like 3

We need immigration, anyone who doubts that should just take themselves off and try and count their IQ without taking their shoes off.

We do need controlled immigration, however, we are getting pretty full.

Can anyone honestly present a reasonable argument against implementing a system like Oz or NZ?

The Africa thing is indeed complex.

Just under 33 years ago I bought 'Do they know it's Christmas' on 7" vinyl and really thought I was making a difference.

A generation later and there's still been years of drought and famine and Mtutze and his wife can't feed their 12 kids.

No one learns a fricking thing, and it is truly depressing.

Even more so that it happens in this country with 3rd generation doleites.

I haven't got a solution.

Maybe everyone needs to try a little bit harder, myself included, and especially pricks like Bono, although a shiver still goes up my spine when he totally nails that vocal!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Just under 33 years ago I bought 'Do they know it's Christmas' on 7" vinyl and really thought I was making a difference.

A generation later and there's still been years of drought and famine and Mtutze and his wife can't feed their 12 kids.

Back in 1985 Ethiopia's population was 41 million. It's now 105 million. 

I cant help thinking there is absolutedly no point sending aid to Africa until the underlying problem of overpopulation is addressed. It is depressing that forests/ grassland are being destroyed for new towns and farmland etc.

An interesting fact is that Ethiopia was never colonised. So no one can blame the big nasty West for Ethiopia being a basket case.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, James Atkinson said:

For what ever reason in the past and present their has never been enough people to do the basic jobs. The Caribbean people were invited by the British government in the 50s/60s to work in the factory's. This was broadcasted throughout the cinemas on the islands "the queen needs you" basically meaning their isn't enough English to do it.

Regarding the whole Africa is thick debate compared to Japan. It isn't really that easy. And it requires a lot of learning and visiting the actually countries to understand fully what is going on. Often simple things like decent ports, soil and a government who wants to help is the main problems.

What everyone would benefit from is tighter borders, real checks, real controls. Look how hard it is to get into New Zealand unless your a arborist emoji23.png any slight link to any organisation and it's a no. 

Some good points!

I think after WW2 we did need more workers. However I don't think we need much unskilled labour now. tbh, I think immigration is being driven by big business wanting workers that will work for low wages.... I do think the benefits system should be changed to encourage people to take low skilled jobs. 

Africa has been blessed with fertile soils and natural resources like metal ores.   I think the reason Africa is so poor is cultural. African culture just seems unable to build modern succesful countries... Has Zimbabwe got better after the White Man left? Has the end of apertheid made South Africa a better place?

I think borders will have to be tightened or the right wing get into power. 

12 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

We need immigration, anyone who doubts that should just take themselves off and try and count their IQ without taking their shoes off.

We do need controlled immigration, however, we are getting pretty full.

Can anyone honestly present a reasonable argument against implementing a system like Oz or NZ?

The Africa thing is indeed complex.

Even more so that it happens in this country with 3rd generation doleites.

I haven't got a solution.

Maybe everyone needs to try a little bit harder, myself included, and especially pricks like Bono, although a shiver still goes up my spine when he totally nails that vocal!

Mr Bolam...

Japan seems to manage without mass immigration, hows that work?...   do they know something we don't ?..

as for me I'm all for immigration as long its controlled and immigration doesn't end up with our own native population becoming a minority one day.. some projections predict this..   not all..

The Africa thing looks complex on the surface, but its very very simple..  with a population of seventy IQ being an average it explains in simple terms were we are, and were we've been...  

I used to do a garden for an old lady who once lived in South Africa, asked what the  natives were like she explained they were like children in their attitude and disposition.. I got to admit I thought that was a little racist at the time but it did stoke my curiosity.. perhaps she's right I thought, what do I know..   over the last few years I've come across evidence that average IQ of Africans is seventy..    

Well I thought, maybe that explains why the old lady I did the garden for believed they were like children in some way, perhaps it wasn't racism but honest observation..

As for our dolelites, I wonder, if they were forced to take an IQ test how the average would work out?.. I have a suspicion the average score wouldn't be high..

Imagine if these people were put in charge of the country, I guess Britain wouldn't look much different than any african country within a generation..

It has dawned on me that its not about race (though it is a marker) its about the IQ of a population..  if the population has a low average then that society will struggle to function...   

How to solve the problem?...  

Eugenics, if the problem needs sorting then couples with an higher IQ should be encouraged to have more children and couples with a much lower IQ should be encouraged to have less..  

Seein as thats not goin to happen then we are stuck with the problem till the cows come home..

Which translates to Africa will always be a shithole, but Europe America and Asia will always dominate the world..  which is a comfort as far as Europe is concerned, seein at thats were I live and I can be thankful we won't one day regress into a second or third rate power any time soon.. the cloud with the silver lining?..

• Like 1