Day Rate NOT London and the SE

benedmonds

What is your day rate for team of three, truck and chipper including VAT? EXCLUDING LONDON & the expensive SE  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your day rate for team of three, truck and chipper including VAT? EXCLUDING LONDON & the expensive SE

• £900+ (UK excluding the SE)
    • £800-£900 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £700-£800 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £600-£700 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £500-£600 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £400-£500 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £300-£400 (UK excluding the SE)
    • £200-£300 (UK excluding the SE)
    • less then £200
    • Want to view the poll but not skew results

Also Ben (great poll btw), either the lucrative SE isn't that different, or I need to jack my prices up!

For the record I ticked the 'view only option'.

I liked the way you levelled the playing field by setting a few criteria that most can relate to.

I'm finding more and more that my best days financially are multiple small jobs, rather than big glory camera-tastic gruellers.

I try and get a sense of each job from the initial phone call, where I always stipulate that the truck and chipper won't be appearing for less than £130, even for a tiddler. That sharp gets rid of loads of low ballers and 20 quote messers.

4/5/6 of them in a day and the cash, sorry, bank transfers, is/are where I want it to be.

• Like 1

Understood Mark, but that’s where you’ve pitched yourself. Pruning, trimming small(er) removals. 

Its a lucrative area.

If you’ve geared yourself up for removals, with a loader, bigger chipper etc. You would find the bigger money days are in that.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I think it is about finding your own level/market and exploiting it. I work as a contact climber primarily, but i am building my own work slowly. I price high & achieve a lot in a day with the help of some highly skilled staff. So, although my price is over £600 on a typical day, my wage bill is going to be approaching £275. Turnover is bullshit - profit is everything!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Also Ben (great poll btw), either the lucrative SE isn't that different, or I need to jack my prices up!

Me too.. again it makes me think some of us old timers are keeping the rates down.. I am at the cheaper half, where I have always tried to compete on doing a better more efficient job.

22 minutes ago, Pete Mctree said:

I think it is about finding your own level/market and exploiting it. I work as a contact climber primarily, but i am building my own work slowly. I price high & achieve a lot in a day with the help of some highly skilled staff. So, although my price is over £600 on a typical day, my wage bill is going to be approaching £275. Turnover is bullshit - profit is everything!

To work that back, if three people (assuming you are not paying yourself in that) 600-275 is 325. Allow roughly £150 per day operating costs leaves you with 175. Looking at your wage bill i'd say you are earning about the same as the lads working for you. Except they get to go home at 4:30!

I couldn't get near £600 for a three man day. Although it's not directly comparable as I have neither a transit or timberwolf.