Service Leavers - Who did you train with and How did it go...

HenryHawthorn

• 4 weeks later...

Here at Lynher Training we offer a range of ELCAs approved programmes from just gaining practical NPTC tickets to gaining a full Level 3 in Forestry and Arb Qualification with topics such as Tree Pests and Diseases, and Tree Surveying. We are also in the process of being approved for the ABC Level 4 in Arb which will be available in Spring 2018 (a first for ELCAs it seems). See our ELCAs page here:

http://lynhertraining.com/elcas/

As an Independent Training Provider we can flexible with course dates (most of the time) and arrange training into blocks to suit you. All our training takes place in and around the Devon/Cornwall border.

Hope you find your perfect training programme.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've worked with ex forces on the railway, some seriously hard workers out there and not worried about the weather on the whole Lol. Some did there training at Kingswood, in Kent. Kingswood do a kinda residential for a whole raft of tickets. Give em a ring. Its a good place to learn. It can be very hard work depending on how your wired, but very satisfying. Scott Fraser Training also provide a very very good level of training and expertise, not sure about any residential capacity though again give him a ring an ask.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for all the input and advice, much appreciated. 

I trained with SawPod Ltd in the end and couldn't recommend Tony Darbyshire enough! 

When I was down there I managed to train with Powell Training on the off days from Saw Pod, for Wood Chipper/Stump Grinder Certification as well as Thames Training for EFAW+F, all locally to where I was staying (Larkhill).

If anyone reads this who is interested in any of the above or is a Service Leaver, feel free to message me and hopefully I can answer any questions or quires.

Best wishes.