Why I love using ladders for tree work

Steve Bullman

On 11/7/2017 at 08:11, Timbermcpherson said:

without tripod (how we usually use it)

gdGf8ey.jpg

Nice ladders ..   

Although I reckon most  professionals could of done that job with out them easily .

Whats with the harness ?   I know it makes sense..  H /S   n    all   ...but in this scenario   ? 

Don,t try and kid anyone on hear that you  were attached at all times   .

The scorpros are made in NZ, not sure if the export them. I hate ladders and dont trust them, got a collection of them that have not been used since getting the scorpro. 

The ground slopes pretty bad making the hedge taller from the ground (base of the trees are 2m below what you can see) and the hedge gets thin, sure its possible to do it by rope if you put a ladder on the edge and roped down, but that would be another days work to do, and not comfortable.

The scorpro Adjustable foot is 700mm wide and makes it more stable than anything else I have come across,  it doesnt flex like ladders do and is very comfortable to stand on, but if you have something better, love to see it!

49 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

He's sure got some bottle - knocking those dogs in at the top with just his leg curled around the back of the ladder - what with the big MEWP right next to him filming he could have used.

Suppose its how he did it every time and 98 times out of 100 there was no mewp or film crew and the mewp and film crew where there to watch him do it his way. 

• Like 1