Which chipper

beechhunter

I agree, the forst is a terrible machine, a poor excuse for a chipper made for people who want to tow something shapely and shiny. If I were you I'd get rid of it immediately, don't even bother trying to sell it just give it away!
I'll help you get rid of it, just pm me your address and I'll pick it up for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 29/10/2017 at 10:39, beechhunter said:

To be honest sub 750kg doesn't bother me. 

If you can tow over 750kgs don't bother with a sub 750Kg machine.... They must make some compromises to keep the weight down.  If you are looking a used machine you can get big chippers for similar costs to the smaller ones that can last longer..

On 29/10/2017 at 17:38, Mick Dempsey said:

They use the same engine as the Forst and the Timberwolf. (I think) 1505 4 cylinder kubota. 

Second edit: having checked the spec sheet I’m probably wrong there.

Yes they all have kubota engine mate,but don't have the turnable feature which is very handy and also great mechanical reliability.forst has many teething issues and timberwolf have chocolate bearings in them.the 230 is lesser of two evils lol

11 minutes ago, scott83 said:

Yes they all have kubota engine mate,but don't have the turnable feature which is very handy and also great mechanical reliability.forst has many teething issues and timberwolf have chocolate bearings in them.the 230 is lesser of two evils lol

I’d be happy with all three machines, I’ve had GM, TW and Forst.

I’ve also had a turntable chipper (arboreater) they’re ok but how much effort is it to slip a chipper off the hitch and spin it round? Answer, very little.

I wouldn’t pay extra for a turntable, not fussed.

• Like 1

Can't say I have been disappointed with my Jensen a540. Reliable, well built ( over built in places) I did look at tw 230 second hand. The problem is the paint and overall bodywork was terrible on them all. For a 3 year machine I wouldn't be happy with it. But that is only my opinion as I'm sure they chip very well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I’d be happy with all three machines, I’ve had GM, TW and Forst.

I’ve also had a turntable chipper (arboreater) they’re ok but how much effort is it to slip a chipper off the hitch and spin it round? Answer, very little.

I wouldn’t pay extra for a turntable, not fussed.

It's horses for courses I suppose!

But if I slip mine off the hitch and unsecured it round by me some toe rag would be up the road with it lol 

You obviously live in a better part of the world than I do.p.s just going from my experiences with my old TW and a mate brand new st8.he had axle and hydraulic issues.