Which chipper

beechhunter

12 minutes ago, scott83 said:

I wouldn't bother with timberwolf or forst...Greenmech quadchip what you want to buy! turnable,engines bullet proof,great for domestic work...I love mine!!

They use the same engine as the Forst and the Timberwolf. (I think) 1505 4 cylinder kubota. 

Second edit: having checked the spec sheet I’m probably wrong there.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

I've a Jensen a530 and really rate it, will run rings around a tw/gm 150 and an st6, I can't comment on the 230 as I haven't used one but had people that have used a 230 and said my Jensen certainly isn't any slower. If you do go down the forst route then I'd buy new and look at replacing when the warranty is up, a friend has an st8 and it chews timber up with ease but at sub 250hrs its had a new ecu, new ignition barrel, chassis welded as it was cracked, new discharge chute and several of the other body parts replaced under warranty due to cracks and weld failures which is pretty poor in my opinion considering it's only a year old

• Like 1

I've a Jensen a530 and really rate it, will run rings around a tw/gm 150 and an st6, I can't comment on the 230 as I haven't used one but had people that have used a 230 and said my Jensen certainly isn't any slower. If you do go down the forst route then I'd buy new and look at replacing when the warranty is up, a friend has an st8 and it chews timber up with ease but at sub 250hrs its had a new ecu, new ignition barrel, chassis welded as it was cracked, new discharge chute and several of the other body parts replaced under warranty due to cracks and weld failures which is pretty poor in my opinion considering it's only a year old

A tw230 will piss alover a 530.it will break forks the 530 will just scratch on.im sorry to say.the rollers on a 230 are among the the best out there

I would be very worried as an arborist with the cost of overall ownership on the Forst. The resale value seems to be non existent with no used market and they are often slightly more expensive initially (probably to help cover their huge marketing campaign and show presence). The Forst fans will say they feed much quicker as the rollers are set to spin faster but with the other leading manufactures still running the same hp Kubota diesel engines powering the flywheel it cannot really handle / exit the discharge chute *much* quicker (pulley ratios and flywheel speed aside for one second).

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 4