Rope splicing in Swansea/Brecon area?

LiamKealy

I don't know who can help you with splicing, but our LOLER guy has told us there's a new (type 3 PPE?) LOLER regulation whereby non-CE ropes or non-CE splices can no longer be passed.

non-CE ropes apparently includes ropes where the tag is missing. Like the Imori I cut the end (with the tag) off so my ZigZag would fit. Or the same Imori that was respliced after I nicked that end. Or any self-tied prusik or end-to-end friction cord.

As it's a new thing, he's passed the above for now as it's all safe to use, but he's given us six months notice to replace it as he reckons he'll have to fail the above in 6 months time.

As far as I know, Honeybros are the only CE splicers. 

Thought it might be worth considering before having your rope spliced locally.

Edited by Blah

I don't know who can help you with splicing, but our LOLER guy has told us there's a new (type 3 PPE?) LOLER regulation whereby non-CE ropes or non-CE splices can no longer be passed.

non-CE ropes apparently includes ropes where the tag is missing. Like the Imori I cut the end (with the tag) off so my ZigZag would fit. Or the same Imori that was respliced after I nicked that end. Or any self-tied prusik or end-to-end friction cord.

As it's a new thing, he's passed the above for now as it's all safe to use, but he's given us six months notice to replace it as he reckons he'll have to fail the above in 6 months time.

As far as I know, Honeybros are the only CE splicers. 

Thought it might be worth considering before having your rope spliced locally.

Surely your Loler guy can put his own ID mark on your rope as he is LOLERing the rope this time and can establish its date of first use?

Surely your Loler guy can put his own ID mark on your rope as he is LOLERing the rope this time and can establish its date of first use?

You'd think you could just pop another label on especially if you have a record o from a previous loler.

Could be wrong but expect plenty loler inspectors would be sensible about this.