Carlton 1790 Chipper

Glenn321

26 minutes ago, Gray git said:

Looks bigger than my bandit 90!
Might just be with it being on sing axel.
Let us know how she go's

It's much bigger than I remember them when I was over in the US a few years back. Possibly due to there trucks being so big. Will give it a once over in the morning, all being well it will be out for a days work. 

Sooo today didn't go to plan and I never got to the job with the new machine. (It's going to be done tomorrow now) so the update on what she's like and how it performs will come tomorrow. 

I did check over all components today and well.... I love it. So robust and makes my other machines look very small and flimsy. Cracking bit of kit and very well engineered. 

• Like 1

Evening all, 

well for for those of you interested, this Carlton is unbelievable. What would have taken us hours today with the 190 took minutes. The Carlton will eat anything, today's work was felling an orchard, the Carlton blasted through it and we used the 150 for brush. Awesome machine, I would highly recommend. 

Little pic pic in action;

IMG_6647.JPG

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GlobalNewark said:

That’s why we sell big well built chippers, anyone who has used one will concur

They are certainly well built... I would recommend Carlton, bandit the like to anyone.  I'm on the hunt now for service parts if you guys can help. Would like to give it a full oil and filter change, would also be interested in getting a set of bearings and belts for the future. 

They are certainly well built... I would recommend Carlton, bandit the like to anyone.  I'm on the hunt now for service parts if you guys can help. Would like to give it a full oil and filter change, would also be interested in getting a set of bearings and belts for the future. 

PM’d you.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Johny Walker said:

They're unbelievably capable machines. Depending on what work you have I guess tracks maybe good however it tows very well on the road and with a defender up front with proper tyres it goes most places off road. 

I was chasing thst chippet tto put iy on tracks. emoji6.png