Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Put in an adjustable restrictor valve on the rotator grab to slow down spin and snappy grab.

Lovely to use now, no longer like a fairground test of reactions.

With the spool in neutral can you manually turn the grab and rotator? My indexator G3 is on a motor spool but I think the rotator has a overrun internally.

Anyway back in the day I was advised there restrictors should be one way check valves with a restriction bypass so that fluid was never restricted getting out of the rotator. I doubt it would be a problem with a small machine.

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

No I can’t manually turn it.

That may mean there is no cross-line relief between the input and output of the rotator so, for instance, if you picked a long log up by one end at right angles to the machine and dragged backwards without operating the spool the rotator would try to turn but the oil would have no way out of the rotator.

8 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

That may mean there is no cross-line relief between the input and output of the rotator so, for instance, if you picked a long log up by one end at right angles to the machine and dragged backwards without operating the spool the rotator would try to turn but the oil would have no way out of the rotator.

This is a question I need answers to.

Nothing is ever perfect, is it?

Different level of machines to my little Cast, but the Klou grab on that has a simple pin I can pull to switch orientation 90deg, front on, side on, or knockabout.

I think a rotator on mine would give me a lift height of about 12” and I’d need to put on another couple of stone.

Again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve often wondered about that on rotating grabs.

Can you switch to a ‘knockabout’ type function if required?

May be no need if the rotator has a relief valve built in to it.

The normal way is to run the rotator off a motor spool which free wheels when in neutral.

Also some spools will have port relief valves built in to dump excess pressure in any of the two outputs back to tank.

Else put a dual  cross line relief valve across the outputs from the spool.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...