Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’m no engineer, but I’m guessing you mean to mount a winch on the attachment mounting plate?

Where I’ve thought about bollards mounted on the front plate I’ve thought better of it due to the potential pull effect on the extendable jib and also worried about cross loading dynamic forces - neither of which (I would imagine) would have been in design spec. 

In a nutshell, are the extendable jib arms suitable to resist direct forward pull or cross loaded dynamic force?

I never got past thinking - probably not. 

I was thinking the same thing, ideally I'd like some kind of skidding winch or capstan, with a butt plate but not sure if it would work or damage arm as you say? Kinda wish I still had my alpine with 3.5t winch on. I might just stick to the petrol capstan and get a bigger machine in when needed

1 hour ago, kav said:

Good evening. I've recently got an Avant 528 and am keen to put a skidding type winch on it. Im not sure about the Avant one as it doesn't look like it has a butt plate. Has anyone got anything different  or should I look at fabricating something? Guess I could look at landrover/husky type or was thinking hydraulic capstan as I'm mainly going to be on small stuff and have done loads with our portawinch

Cheers

Husky winch on a boxer loader

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I was thinking the same thing, ideally I'd like some kind of skidding winch or capstan, with a butt plate but not sure if it would work or damage arm as you say? Kinda wish I still had my alpine with 3.5t winch on. I might just stick to the petrol capstan and get a bigger machine in when needed

I guess the only way to check for sure would be with main dealer. In our case (the MultiOne massive) we could ask Steve or the boys at MOHQ. 

There must be a level of capability because there is a OEM winch available but who knows what the loading / ratings would be?  PUWER/HaSAW and all that.....

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I guess the only way to check for sure would be with main dealer. In our case (the MultiOne massive) we could ask Steve or the boys at MOHQ. 

There must be a level of capability because there is a OEM winch available but who knows what the loading / ratings would be?  PUWER/HaSAW and all that.....

Yeah I just sent an email to the folks I got my machine off.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a change of scenery, we’re renovating a couple of houses on the coast near Royan.

Filled a 10 cube skip with rubble in a couple of hours, the machines ability to get into the house and put it directly in the skip was a cause for much pleasure amongst those of us who’ve paid our dues pushing wheel barrows.

7C737910-1993-4DCF-BBE3-25B954987EB2.jpeg

4BB3FC98-A46A-44D3-BA26-01BA76D3D906.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...