Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

4 minutes ago, Blake@waveney said:

Hi mate. I really want to sell as a package as it’s not really needed any more although the hedge cutter and flail are most useful. I ll keep you posted if things change 

no problem if i had not bought a new 8.4 i may have had a deal on package

So I am considering a rethink. Currently running a SH Gehl 340 loader. It's built like a brick shit house and is pretty much perfect for logs and farm use. The snag is it's second hand and dealer back up is dreadful. They were looking to push these machine in the UK but it's not happened so there are very few of these around so no support. The downside to me for the MO is it's small and has the fragile GRP panels but on the upside, it's a light machine that would give me the option of being able to trailer it about and do some contract work.

What sized MO would be required to lift and handle a 500kg crate of logs combined with a pallet rotator? Is there any potential contract work down here in the SW for one? I can see that a machine that is big enough to handle the rotator and a 500kg load maybe getting a bit big to get into gardens? 

3 hours ago, Woodworks said:

So I am considering a rethink. Currently running a SH Gehl 340 loader. It's built like a brick shit house and is pretty much perfect for logs and farm use. The snag is it's second hand and dealer back up is dreadful. They were looking to push these machine in the UK but it's not happened so there are very few of these around so no support. The downside to me for the MO is it's small and has the fragile GRP panels but on the upside, it's a light machine that would give me the option of being able to trailer it about and do some contract work.

What sized MO would be required to lift and handle a 500kg crate of logs combined with a pallet rotator? Is there any potential contract work down here in the SW for one? I can see that a machine that is big enough to handle the rotator and a 500kg load maybe getting a bit big to get into gardens? 

Been impressed with my Schaffer 3036, lifts a ton, goes on trailer, no plastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Is it just yourself driving? I’d say the potential for panel damage might make the MO a bit fragile for hire / multi user scenarios but owner operator is a very different kettle of fish. I’m over 3 years in and only have 1 small panel crack from clipping the tow hitch of the trailer. You’re always welcome to come have a play if you come across the river. 

• Like 1

No doubt in tree work the panels are vulnerable, especially the front one under the boom.

Most of my mudguards have cracks, but it’s no big deal.

I couldn’t get quick delivery of the Tobroco or I might have had one.

You will dent the metal panels just as easily I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Is it just yourself driving? I’d say the potential for panel damage might make the MO a bit fragile for hire / multi user scenarios but owner operator is a very different kettle of fish. I’m over 3 years in and only have 1 small panel crack from clipping the tow hitch of the trailer. You’re always welcome to come have a play if you come across the river. 

Yep just me and thanks for the offer (cross the border hmm might have to think about that). Got to drive one at a demo a few years ago but hard to put this into context as I had never driven any pivot steer machine before. Nice and nimble machine with remarkable lift for it's size.  Just got put off a bit with all the GRP panels on what is a very expensive industrial machine. Clearly, they are standing up to professional use with just a bit of superficial damage but didn't have this feedback when making the decision. If the backup for the Gehl was as good as hoped would not be considering this as I don't need a towable machine for my current work. The financial hit of changing is why I mention possibly doing some contract work with a MO to help it earn its keep. Not sure there is much work out there though. Most of the guys I know will tend to just chuck more manpower at a job instead of looking at mechanisation. 

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Any model 6 series and above will deal with 500kg at full tele extent easily. My six series that happens to be for sale is only 1.1m wide so easily assess for some gardens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Yep just me and thanks for the offer (cross the border hmm might have to think about that). Got to drive one at a demo a few years ago but hard to put this into context as I had never driven any pivot steer machine before. Nice and nimble machine with remarkable lift for it's size.  Just got put off a bit with all the GRP panels on what is a very expensive industrial machine. Clearly, they are standing up to professional use with just a bit of superficial damage but didn't have this feedback when making the decision. If the backup for the Gehl was as good as hoped would not be considering this as I don't need a towable machine for my current work. The financial hit of changing is why I mention possibly doing some contract work with a MO to help it earn its keep. Not sure there is much work out there though. Most of the guys I know will tend to just chuck more manpower at a job instead of looking at mechanisation. 

Have you had problems with the loader or is it parts are to get?

1 hour ago, LeeGray said:

Have you had problems with the loader or is it parts are to get?

A bit of both. It fried its brain due to a damaged wire but to be fair to the dealer they did sort that swiftly. Recently been looking into putting a post knocker on it. This has proved frustrating with post knocker suppliers saying I need a free flow hydraulic return. It took me an age to find out if the Gehl could run it as is. The answer is no so now looking at fitting one myself but without a local helpful dealer, it's not easy. I have come up with a plan now though. All this faf got me wondering if all this would be easier with a more mainstream loader. Having seen the price of the SH series 6 I am now thinking I can handle some inconvenience. Also hadn't appreciated that MO uses a different mounting bracket so that would be another pile of expense either buying new or adapting mine. 

As you were gents this is a no go but thanks for the help all the same.