Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

15 hours ago, benedmonds said:

This is what I am worried about.. Dean at bandit has already been telling me replacement plastic panels are £500

Pretty sure that's is for a set of panels and i think they are heavier duty, so I'm guessing slightly thicker than standard issue panels

21 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Hywel has quoted me £2,550 + VAT

Avant: 

Timber Grab – Freely Rotating RRP £1,790 – Our Price £1615

Timber Grab – Hydraulic Rotating* RRP £2,500  - Our Price £2,250 (* The optional attachment control switch pack is recommended on this model)

(optional extra Arborist kit £250)

Multione

£1,900 for free swivel. £2,850 for hydraulic rotator, both plus VAT. We can take the Multione hydraulic connector off and deduct £150 + VAT.

Is the rotator worth a £800-£1000 odd quid? Could I add that later?

The avant one is a fair bit cheaper.. and it looks it to be honest...But if it is good enough does it matter?

Edited by benedmonds

3 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Multione

£1,900 for free swivel. £2,850 for hydraulic rotator, both plus VAT. We can take the Multione hydraulic connector off and deduct £150 + VAT.

Is the rotator worth a £800-£1000 odd quid? Could I add that later?

The avant one is a fair bit cheaper.. and it looks it to be honest...But if it is good enough does it matter?

Make your own less than a grand with rotator

1 hour ago, dumper said:

Make your own less than a grand with rotator

Raises an interesting question - make your own = no CE/BSI, maybe non compliant PUWER, management of H&S etc. 

Which is all OK until it goes pear shaped. But are the Hywell/MO/Avant variants CE/BSI?

it would matter if AAAC was at stake or if there was an HSE investigation. 

Raises an interesting question - make your own = no CE/BSI, maybe non compliant PUWER, management of H&S etc. 

Which is all OK until it goes pear shaped. But are the Hywell/MO/Avant variants CE/BSI?

You’re a fecker for the abbreviations Kev, imho!

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yes hoses bought ce marked rotator bought ce marked with capacity grab bought ce marked with capacity steel bought known strength and quality assured bolts bought graded for load welding tested by loading therefore machine can have swl  HSE happy(maybe) paperwork trail to prove 

6 hours ago, dumper said:

Yes hoses bought ce marked rotator bought ce marked with capacity grab bought ce marked with capacity steel bought known strength and quality assured bolts bought graded for load welding tested by loading therefore machine can have swl  HSE happy(maybe) paperwork trail to prove 

All this may be true and my business partner Steve is pretty handy welding and could certainly do the job. We even have a steel fabricator in one unit and hydraulic engineer in another at our yard, both who are always happy to help.

But Steve is busy as is and if he had to do that then all the other stuff he has to do would not get done...  We are not engineers and while I admit it would be nice to have the time to do these sort of build things yourself,  if you take into account the cost of your labour it's better value to pay a professional most of the time.

The designs appear to have changed considerably, even over the last 2 years, presumably that is down to ongoing development and feedback learnt from previous builds..