Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

6 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

This is what I am worried about.. Dean at bandit has already been telling me replacement plastic panels are £500

I run a timberwolf 150 so no feeding with machine,  with loader bring to chipper and someone feeding by hand by the time loader is back all from before is chipped. 

15 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

This is what I am worried about.. Dean at bandit has already been telling me replacement plastic panels are £500

Maybe on an Avant? 

Multione ones are A few hundred quid depending on what ones. It varies on the size. Think plastic parts on cars are not cheap and they are made in thousands.  

Can get special coatings and metal panels as replacements on some parts. A broken panel won t stop it working just won’t look good. Just replace or repair when needed. Save money up then replace fully when looking to sell or trade in then you have a almost new looking but of kit. Still much cheaper than buying some of the metal panelled brands that are still not as capable. Just abit of a faff that’s all. It’s a tool to be worked with sometimes things happen.

For example remember the cost of the side panels on a tw150 where a few hundred quid each. There’s not much to them. Unfortunately as there not made in bulk prices are slightly higher. Don t let that put you off. The machine will save and make you lots of money over time of ownership.

• Like 1

Machine should be delivered next week.. We have 10 inch chippers so I am sure they would be possible to load but concerned about lazy operators accidently smashing stuff.. 

It is physically much easier to sit on a machine and feed it like that but that is likely to result in accidents either to the chipper or loader..  Especially when the operator does not have a financial stake in either...

Using the loader to get the branches to the chipper and then hand feeding might even be quicker in many instances. Certainly some you tube vids I have seen.  

• Like 1

Hywell Evans have just posted their new version to FB.  Most annoying thing, and I'm not at all sure I know why, is that pricing is always consciously omitted from any PR material.  Why this has to be such a secret genuinely baffles me.  Recent posts to both MO and Hywell Evans FB pages have all been - "...what is the price..?"   Individual replies to all those people (in excess of 40 sometimes) must be a massive admin burden. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Hywell Evans have just posted their new version to FB.  Most annoying thing, and I'm not at all sure I know why, is that pricing is always consciously omitted from any PR material.  Why this has to be such a secret genuinely baffles me.  Recent posts to both MO and Hywell Evans FB pages have all been - "...what is the price..?"   Individual replies to all those people (in excess of 40 sometimes) must be a massive admin burden. 

Hywel has quoted me £2,550 + VAT

Avant: 

Timber Grab – Freely Rotating RRP £1,790 – Our Price £1615

Timber Grab – Hydraulic Rotating* RRP £2,500  - Our Price £2,250 (* The optional attachment control switch pack is recommended on this model)

(optional extra Arborist kit £250)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Hywel has quoted me £2,550 + VAT

Avant: 

Timber Grab – Freely Rotating RRP £1,790 – Our Price £1615

Timber Grab – Hydraulic Rotating* RRP £2,500  - Our Price £2,250 (* The optional attachment control switch pack is recommended on this model)

(optional extra Arborist kit £250)

This is what you want for general tree work. Lift, push, bend, persuade bits where you want them. Spin the grab manually to load logs on a trailer or move heavy lumps. 

A branch manager (BMG) or similar free swinging grapple are the one for feeding a chipper. The Americans have it sussed with that, but they are feeding chippers a lot bigger than 10inch.  

Rotating grabs on little machines like these are pointless in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Jonny69 said:

This is what you want for general tree work. Lift, push, bend, persuade bits where you want them. Spin the grab manually to load logs on a trailer or move heavy lumps. 

A branch manager (BMG) or similar free swinging grapple are the one for feeding a chipper. The Americans have it sussed with that, but they are feeding chippers a lot bigger than 10inch.  

Rotating grabs on little machines like these are pointless in my opinion. 

Here’s one on a MultiOne 

A8A3C533-6C94-4742-B5BA-F867268FB7F5.jpeg