Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

Got several jobs coming up in Spring that involve removing old fencing posts. Any thoughts of the best use of the MO? Nothing huge/strainer, 75mm post mainly.

Previously I'd wiggle then with the mini digger bucket then pull out with a strop. Could do something similar with an round strop and the pallet forks but there are a lot to do so I'd trying to 'innovate' . Jumping in and out 200 times isn't very appealing...

A front grapple like the tree shear could work. Anyone know if the fixed blade can be removed?

Kanga do a forward facing grapple that rotates 90 degrees or so allowing you to pickup, turn and position a post.

http://www.kangaloader.co.uk/shop/i-1-27-kanga-rotating-grab--5--6--7---8-series-/

Edited by richy_B

We've been using a loader to take fences down this week. After the wire was cut, the loader pulled it out. We just slowly nudged into the posts half way up then we could easily pull the post out by hand.

If you are on your own I'd say a 4 in 1 bucket would be good & a useful thing to have if you haven't got one.

• Like 1

Got several jobs coming up in Spring that involve removing old fencing posts. Any thoughts of the best use of the MO? Nothing huge/strainer, 75mm post mainly.

Previously I'd wiggle then with the mini digger bucket then pull out with a strop. Could do something similar with an round strop and the pallet forks but there are a lot to do so I'd trying to 'innovate' . Jumping in and out 200 times isn't very appealing...

A front grapple like the tree shear could work. Anyone know if the fixed blade can be removed?

Kanga do a forward facing grapple that rotates 90 degrees or so allowing you to pickup, turn and position a post.

http://www.kangaloader.co.uk/shop/i-1-27-kanga-rotating-grab--5--6--7---8-series-/

I looked at getting something like this made up for my skid steer for the same task. Simple but effective!!

On 14/01/2018 at 20:59, chopper brown said:

While i think on has anyone thought or tried a post knocker on the front? 

I've seen the stake installers by MO but they look a bit pants for the limited vids I've seen. Obviously not expecting power to whack a stonking strainer in but for stock fence round stakes. I thought a light oxdale knocker and a adapted 3 point linkage would maybe be useful.

Jim

This is exactly the same knocker I have on my digger, if has a 180kg weight and has put many strainers an 10” gateposts in.

looks to work well on this Avant.

6 hours ago, richy_B said:

I have a fixed non rotating grab on my 3 tonner. Once all the wire is off I just track along pinch the posts with grab and pull them out. A little wiggle first may be need if they are strainers or big posts. Very effective and a pleasant one man job.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 16:42, richy_B said:

Sounds like an ideal case for a self gripping puller based around a two spring loaded quadrants, like two giant opposed STEIN adjustable rope grabs. Drop them over the post and lower till the cams are apart, then lift so they self grip, pull the post. To eject crowd forward and lower simultaneously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 20:29, openspaceman said:

Sounds like an ideal case for a self gripping puller based around a two spring loaded quadrants, like two giant opposed STEIN adjustable rope grabs. Drop them over the post and lower till the cams are apart, then lift so they self grip, pull the post. To eject crowd forward and lower simultaneously.

In reply to the topic title, " whats your MultiOne loader doing today "

This MultiOne 9.5SD is sweeping the yard & doing a cracking job according to the driver " Mo-Jo Jenkins from Hay on Wye.

IMG_20180323_160512680.jpg

• Like 1