Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

Had a 5.3 on demo this week. Really like it but have to sell my small skid steer first. Would like the 7.3 better though but more money :-/ Going to go for grass tires as so good on the lawn.

Didn't think much to the two grabs I had on demo though. Rotor grab was good but quite long and no way of pushing timber with it in the trailer. Other grab was rubbish, no power on grab and stuff falls through the middle of it all the time. Going to go for the Vermeer LG46 grab and adapt it to fit.

Lifted 5 tonne on that load in the picture and a further 3 tonne on to another trailer, so it did well :-D

20180110_105914.jpg

20180110_112157.jpg

20180110_140509.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, finchyo said:

Had a 5.3 on demo this week. Really like it but have to sell my small skid steer first. Would like the 7.3 better though but more money :-/ Going to go for grass tires as so good on the lawn.

Didn't think much to the two grabs I had on demo though. Rotor grab was good but quite long and no way of pushing timber with it in the trailer. Other grab was rubbish, no power on grab and stuff falls through the middle of it all the time. Going to go for the Vermeer LG46 grab and adapt it to fit.

Lifted 5 tonne on that load in the picture and a further 3 tonne on to another trailer, so it did well :-D

20180110_105914.jpg

20180110_112157.jpg

20180110_140509.jpg

The rotator was no good because of the lack of ‘heel’ put one of those on and you can load and push.

The timber grab is really for stacks of regular size wood, not much use for Arb.

As for the tyres, check the load bearing capabilities, I don’t think the grass tyres take as much as the industrial ag ones,  which don’t cut up the ground as much as you’d think and give much better traction. I ended up switching back from turf to ag.

Get the biggest machine you can afford (or even not quite afford) one year down the line you won’t regret it.

Nice job btw.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The rotator was no good because of the lack of ‘heel’ put one of those on and you can load and push.

The timber grab is really for stacks of regular size wood, not much use for Arb.

As for the tyres, check the load bearing capabilities, I don’t think the grass tyres take as much as the industrial ag ones,  which don’t cut up the ground as much as you’d think and give much better traction. I ended up switching back from turf to ag.

Get the biggest machine you can afford (or even not quite afford) one year down the line you won’t regret it.

Nice job btw.

Thanks Mick, will look into the tyre loading. You take the other rougher tyres on lawns? How do they fair? I went through some mud in the grass tyres and pulled through fine. Just thinking of best option.

I am not convinced about the rotor grab, would have been better with a heel though. That's what the Vermeer one has too. I like how this grab kept the wood away from the machine more.

7t iveco in the picture so had loads of spare capacity and just over 2t in the trailer 3.5t trailer. I don't run a useless 3.5t transit ;-)

Well, I’m not saying there wasn’t evidence of our passing! 

One turf tyre did develop a puncture, whether that was due to pressure or something else I don’t know. I don’t think it has the same reinforcement in the sidewalls, willing to be corrected though.

The turf tyres are for use with a mower/flail etc. I’d be interested to hear what your research brings.

The  grapple (with rotator or otherwise) and heel is the absolute business for arb,  being both the mutts nuts and the cat's pajamas, which is quite a feat.

It’s only half the machine without it.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, finchyo said:

20180110_105914.jpg

20180110_112157.jpg

20180110_140509.jpg

You can always get the hd grab from MultiOne uk like on my own machine it’s so much better.

1C112E6D-AF6E-419B-92D4-5D4D78E5968C.jpeg

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Compact Loaders said:

You can always get the hd grab from MultiOne uk like on my own machine it’s so much better.

1C112E6D-AF6E-419B-92D4-5D4D78E5968C.jpeg

Looks like a nice grab but too big for my use, would be better on the bigger multiones. Looks heavy to me. I might get a HEF brash grab for small stuff. I have found that you have to keep your attachments as light as possible (but still strong) as makes a big difference.