Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

I am always upbeat and positive,even through hard times.I havent had a drop.Even when i was drinking i never suffered with hangovers or bad health.It never impacted on my life.....it just stopped me reach my full potential of me.....now i am!
I haven't drank in 9 years don't miss it people who do don't understand but why would they it's not for everyone but it suites me and that's all that counts and as you have experienced training is so much more rewarding without a hangover ?
  • Like 1

When I was younger not at all but as I get older I get injured easier and now have lots of toys to help with lifting heavy stuff and my climbing is much more efficient. I Think strength is not a issue but cardio and flexibility are key. I stretch every morning and feel a lot better for it. I also run, skip and bike to keep my cardio up.

• Like 2

Your arms are lookin mighty chunky silky,the training clearly agrees with you and your physique is the proof.

I used to like a pint or 5 but i do t drink that much now,still get bladdered at xmas/new year,nights out but takes me about 3 days to get over the hangovers.

I still like a malt of an evening if im in the mood.

You need to find a balance between work and play but if your a better person off the sauce then thats the way to go id say.

That was a tough session. A little sleep deprived and had volume squat (and leg) day today. 5x8x85kg, and the first set was tough enough. Strength on upper body was better, and 3x10x24s on dumbell shoulder press was easy enough.

Been at that gym for 3 weeks now and I've only seen 3 other people squatting and one of them was my wife! Silly people.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

I don't really lift or use the gym.  However, I do try and train 3-5 times a week when family and work life permits.

I have joined a new gym here in Oslo.  Membership covers all classes.  It is a Martial Arts training facility.  There is also a weights room, crossfit studio and plenty of other stuff.  

Ideally I do an advanced Muay Thai class on Mondays and Wednesdays with sparring on Fridays.  Classes are 1 and a half hours long.  I make the effort to take my 10 years old to the MuayThai classes for juniors on Tuesday and Thursdays and after that is finished there is a Brazilian Jui Jitsu class on for an hour and a half.

I started the BJJ in October/November last year and have to say I am loving it.  I am hungry for it, in the way I was when I started training MT many years ago.  The combination of the above feels right for me.  Along with tree work, I believe the cardio of the MT and BJJ, with a bit of flexibility thrown in is one of the best combinations for me.

I may hit the weights but i need to be stimulated mentally and they unfortunately don't do it for me in that way.  I think the training for me is a mental thing.  I definitely get grouchy when I haven't been.  

As for the eating, I probably eat too little but what I do eat is usually, protein based and greens.  Salad everyday for lunch unless it is proper cold and sometimes I make a batch of broth or similar.  The salad with some form of meat or fish and an evening meal when I get in.  I don't eat that many carbs these days but try not to have too much bread or spuds.  I have very little dairy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

My diet pretty much reflects Rich’s, apart from the salad and healthy stuff.

On top of that I eat loads of junk and drink heavily.

This has provided me with extra abdomen protection just in case anyone punches me in the stomach.

That sounds like a killer nutrition plan mate...

Have you thought about selling it online?

You'd make a fortune...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Epiphany moment having completed my best sets on the Squat rack yesterday has begun me onto another new journey! Why had i never tried this before??? This excercise may takw me to the next level.After that session i spent all last night watching Squat variation on you tube and the insane benefits of doing Squats.Thanks for showing me the light you Guys!

• Like 2

Glad you're enjoying them! I'm having an enforced day of rest on account of a random fever and severe headache last night causing me to get perhaps an hours sleep. Can't remember the last time I had a fever, and what's odd is it only lasted about 8 hours.