Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

Can't say I agree with that. When your bigger you tend to loose flexibility and obviously weight more.

Yesterday I was taking the top out of a very dead leaning HC over a green house, I was very glad I was not heavier and actually wished I was a bit lighter.

Also your joints are make out of the very same stuff as a 6stone lady, who do you reckons is more likely to need new hips etc, in the years to come?

Have you notice how big dogs never live as long as small ones and the littleuns backends don't go.

All the fit older people I know have always been pretty lean.

Obviously these are only my personal musings, no offence intended [emoji4]

I would rather be a full man for a shorter life than half a man for a longer one [emoji6] oh and on the technical dead trees over targets I am well practised and I haven't had to say in twenty sorry I am to heavy for this one [emoji23] and on the big dogs front have you noticed how relaxed and content they are because they don't suffer from small dog syndrome [emoji16]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigtreedon said:

I would rather be a full man for a shorter life than half a man for a longer one emoji6.png oh and on the technical dead trees over targets I am well practised and I haven't had to say in twenty sorry I am to heavy for this one emoji23.png and on the big dogs front have you noticed how relaxed and content they are because they don't suffer from small dog syndrome emoji16.png

I had a feeling you'd get arsie, thats a shame. 

If you think being a "full man" is defined by size thats real sad.

I'm sorry I touched a nerve, it was not my intension, I was simply offering a different view.

• Like 3

I had a feeling you'd get arsie, thats a shame. 

If you think being a "full man" is defined by size thats real sad.

I'm sorry I touched a nerve, it was not my intension, I was simply offering a different view.

Ha ha oh dear there was nothing arsey about what i said and on the full man comment I was referring to myself when I don't train I feel half the man it's a feeling that after years of training you feel great when u do and terrible if u don't

We've all seen gym rats and rugby lads reduced to tears by tree graft, there is no substitute for technique, experience, and actually doing the job.

That said, I've always found any type of training helps a lot, combined with work.

Dips and chins are my favourites now.

I've always neglected leg work, need to sort that out because any ascents over about 15' are always SRT now.

As for size and weight it's pretty immaterial IMO.

If you're good enough you're the right size.

• Like 4

We've all seen gym rats and rugby lads reduced to tears by tree graft, there is no substitute for technique, experience, and actually doing the job.
That said, I've always found any type of training helps a lot, combined with work.
Dips and chins are my favourites now.
I've always neglected leg work, need to sort that out because any ascents over about 15' are always SRT now.
As for size and weight it's pretty immaterial IMO.
If you're good enough you're the right size.

Well said 🖒

Neither of us would consider ourselves big, but last week me+any of the other climbers, or Johan+any of the other climbers could be in the MEWP together. 

Me and Johan together and Beep Beep Beep said the MEWP xD :$

Stretching is probably more important long term than training. Yoga is great.

• Like 1

I train because i enjoy it,kinda like a release after the day to day stresses if work and life.Ive got a better,fitter,slimmer body now at 45 than i did when i was 25.

I like to keep my training fresh so i have no set program,i just do what i feel i want to do in the gym whether it be cardio based resistance training,weights or hiit but im luvin my calisthetics-(body weight training) right now.

In my experience its the nutrition side of things that really make the difference.

I dont find my training affects my work capabilities ive always been a pretty fast worker.

Its needs to be a balance though,i still like a beer now and again and a slice of cake-i just offset my indulgencies by training and eating carefully the next day.

Really cant do a lot of alcohol now,hangovers kill me and i chase people down the street for a fag when im pissed!

Chin and pullups, pushups, crunches and sometime some dumbell presses. No cardio, unless working a bag counts as cardio. Go though spells of dedicated training then get sick of it and forget it for months. I'll buy into the stretching philosophy, though I dont do it. Will hang on the teeter table for a few minutes in the morning though if by back is sore. My body is always sore in the morning, I shuffle around like a centenarian, but when I finally get working everything frees up and Im grand.

Just remembered, I watched a thing on youtube about Alex Honnold, the world's foremost big wall freeclimber. He can summit El-Capitan in three hours, no ropes. The guy is like an android, but to look at you'd never know it. Not big, not really ripped even. Just phenomenally strong muscles and connective tissue, flexablity, and stamina. He lives in his van year-round, and spends hours every day doing pull-ups and hanging from a bar mounted to the roof.