Your worst ever worker (stories!)

Mick Dempsey

I had a site where the LA had suspended construction activity due to unauthorised excavations within the RPAs of TPO'd trees. 

The TO wrote a report that three trees had to be felled as a result. I wrote a report to say that two should be removed, removing the third was preemptive and unnecessary at the time. 

Our team went and felled the two trees. 

The following day, the client who was a managing company based elsewhere, rang to say he thought the wrong trees had been felled!

I doubted the claim, clear instructions and plans had gone to site. I was wrong!

when asked, the team leader said that he thought the wrongly felled tree should be removed, so he did. He admitted to not even looking at the plan and did what he thought needed doing. 

The other lads on site questioned him at the time, they asked him to check the plan, but he refused to take it out of his pocket and carted on. He knew best!

The architect had already been invited in for an interview under caution, and I had to then inform the LA we'd felled a TPO'd tree. 

I'm still embarrassed, and bloody annoyed at the whole situation.

Edited by Gary Prentice

Years ago doing my c s 41 ..a bloke had come down from Scotland to do his ....he was taking the top out of the tree..put his gob in and the back no where near it tore down on his strop pulling him into the tree ....he couldnt move with the weight ...we had to go and sort him out ....anyway we carried on with the rest of the assessment...we all finished and went off ....1 1/2 hrs later he turned up all smiles saying he'd passed ..unbelievable...we're in surrey by the way...we think he'd worked his way from Scotland to Surrey doing his 41 wherever he could on the way till he passed

11 minutes ago, essential said:

Years ago doing my c s 41 ..a bloke had come down from Scotland to do his ....he was taking the top out of the tree..put his gob in and the back no where near it tore down on his strop pulling him into the tree ....he couldnt move with the weight ...we had to go and sort him out ....anyway we carried on with the rest of the assessment...we all finished and went off ....1 1/2 hrs later he turned up all smiles saying he'd passed ..unbelievable...we're in surrey by the way...we think he'd worked his way from Scotland to Surrey doing his 41 wherever he could on the way till he passed

You godda love a trier ! :001_smile: