Boxer skid steer opinions

Thesnarlingbadger

One last thing that was high up on my list when considering my options was price. A small tracked loader is almost half the price of an articulated wheel loader. If the OP is just starting out with mechanical help it is a much smaller step financially speaking.

That's a very relevant point Jon, as is Mick's about any hydraulic help being better than none.
Have a seen a small wheeled loaded than you can fix tracks to over the wheels somewhere?

One last thing that was high up on my list when considering my options was price. A small tracked loader is almost half the price of an articulated wheel loader. If the OP is just starting out with mechanical help it is a much smaller step financially speaking.

Price is a factor. In all honesty I don’t have the money at the moment but will be looking at buying around March. I may look for more heavy duty in the future but at the moment after spending the last 10 years dragging brash and climbing trees I’m looking for something to take the weight off my back and the lads who work for me.

The stumpgrinders powered by host machine are pretty poor IME but do as a once in a blue moon machine.

IMO tracked machines are for moving an implement to a place of work- a digger to a hole to dig, a chipper to a tree to chip, a grinder to a stump etc, not for tracking back and forth all day carrying heavy loads changing the balance on the tracks increasing wear.

But then, smaller machines are more useable day to day, the Giant skid steer pictured above will fit sideways on a tipping trailer. Then again, up to the 4 series avants (subject to wheel size) will fit side by side with a tracked chipper with the tracks sucked in.

The biggest plus with the larger wheeled loaders imo is the telescopic boom for ease of loading/stacking. 

And you're sat down :lol:

I spent months deciding on what loader to get. Wheeled, tracked or articulated in the end I went for MultiOne 5.3. For the money, size and warranty it does beat a lot of the competition. All depends on your type of work but having a telescopic boom makes life so much easier. I am now in a slightly biased position as I am a independent sales agent for MultiOne but there a massive contender on the market with a great range of models to suit people's needs up to a 9-10 series that has a tipping load of 2.7t yet only weighs 2.1t so including attachments can be transported via 3.5t trailer. 

• Like 1