Close to meeting the big man in the sky....

kevinjohnsonmbe

Indeed it's not just young tractor drivers, I witnessed a farmer in Rotherfield in a mid size tractor with a roller on the back completely cut a corner and run a young ladies bonnet straight over. He was 50s/60s and didn't seem bothered at what he had done. Gave his details and drove off leaving me with a shook up and crying lady and her car where the engine had basically fallen out.

1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:

I do understand all that it just seemed like a big percentage drop over a couple of years. Fairly steady then a big drop.

I assume there was some quantum change in technology - maybe airbags. I'd also think driver behaviour has made an impact, there is less drink driving now...

Should have lamped him Kevin [emoji4]

Brush up on your J turns

Glad I didn’t now it’s all passed off and calmed down Bob.

Spoke to the boss again today, he said lad was horrified and terrified in equal measure!

He wants me to send over the dash cam footage so he can show it to all the boys and use it as a learning opportunity. If it serves to calm them down a bit I’m happy with that.

No room to get the nose round for a J turn, and it would have taken me the wrong direction for [emoji486]🥖[emoji505]🥓🥞[emoji477]️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gdh said:

I don't think weight was much of an excuse there,it's not that big. Just speed and possibly no trailer brakes from the way he was pushed round.

Just for the record if you do get a tractor licence at 16 there's limits to what you can drive.

I'm certain those trailer brakes were not up to scratch, good trailer brakes should pretty much pull a tractor to a stop never mind itself.

Well done though Kev, your quick thinking certainly saved your truck if not yourself.

Appropriate reaction too.enough to make the lad think but not get yourself into bother as a result!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Appropriate reaction too.enough to make the lad think but not get yourself into bother as a result!

Difficult to assess that! 

My initial impression was that the lad was attempting to lock his door as Kevin approached and the abject look of horror on his face calmed him (Kevin) down. :)