New 8T Excavator

Ambisawrous

Looking at purchase of new 8tonner. Spec would be zero swing, two piece boom, steel tracks, tiltrotator, selector grab, tree shear, mulcher. So pretty much like Eddies kubota without the wide/long pads. The Kubota is top of the list, what others should I consider? It seems more manufacturers are offering two piece booms but not much on website so going to have to start talking to them. Can Kubota have city pads? Should I be looking at one firm to sort all the attachments controls etc rather than piecemeal, probably the way to go I guess. Not sure about ec oil type pipeless connection yet, depends on extra cost £££ although hopefully be a machine that would be kept a long time and it's always easier and cheaper to do if at the beginning.

Thoughts everyone. TIA

7 hours ago, Ambisawrous said:

Looking at purchase of new 8tonner. Spec would be zero swing, two piece boom, steel tracks, tiltrotator, selector grab, tree shear, mulcher. So pretty much like Eddies kubota without the wide/long pads. The Kubota is top of the list, what others should I consider? It seems more manufacturers are offering two piece booms but not much on website so going to have to start talking to them. Can Kubota have city pads? Should I be looking at one firm to sort all the attachments controls etc rather than piecemeal, probably the way to go I guess. Not sure about ec oil type pipeless connection yet, depends on extra cost £££ although hopefully be a machine that would be kept a long time and it's always easier and cheaper to do if at the beginning.

Thoughts everyone. TIA

Have a good look at Wacker Neuson, they do,

ET65 / 6.5 ton, short tail, choice of tracks + tripple boom + extra hydraulic  services

EZ80 / 8.2 ton ,zero turn, choice of tracks + extra hydraulic services

EZ90 / 9 ton, short tail, choice of tracks + tripple boom + extra hydraulic services 

All wacker products are backed up with a 36 month factory warranty, there are a range of fully loaded options & extras to fit their range of machines from 1 ton to 15 ton + 2 rubber ducks, 3 piece booms don't get fitted to zero turn machines because of the lack of rear end weight, Wacker have a dealer network covering the Uk , We are more than happy to advice you should you need any more help , we have been selling Wacker Neuson machinery since 2005. www.beddoesltd.co.uk / 07798 832 834 / www.wackerneuson.co.uk