Small timber lorry 4x4

MattyF

I've had no bother, but although it's a special vehicle, I run into on white ( customer Pas anyway). It has 12 weekly inspections and not etc. You need class 2 to drive class 1 to tow anything. We are reaching exempt due to doing tree work and driving the lorry only allows us to do our work, rather than driving being our work (had long discussion on my O Licence seminar about this and got this advice from 3 different VOSA inspectors). I keep a driver's log sheet anyway.

The only concern I ever have is being over loaded, but think it's unlikely as we'd bulk out before hitting the max payload of 7t or so.

• Like 1

I've had no bother, but although it's a special vehicle, I run it on white ( customer pays anyway). It has 12 weekly inspections and mot etc. You need class 2 to driveit and class 1 to tow anything. We are tacho exempt due to doing tree work and driving the lorry only allows us to do our work, rather than driving being our work (had long discussion on my O Licence seminar about this and got this advice from 3 different VOSA inspectors). I keep a driver's log sheet anyway.

The only concern I ever have is being over loaded, but think it's unlikely as we'd bulk out before hitting the max payload of 7t or so.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 06:25, john p said:

I ran a 4x4 Bedford with winch and grab, was a brilliant tool but just didn't come out that often, i wish I'd kept it now, got a run of jobs it would of been perfect for

John did ya sell that Bedford to the wood carving chap that lives down the hill from me I wonder?

Check the paperwork, but that should be easy to sort out. It's the condition that I'd be concerned about, some may be ok but others may be is a state having been christmas treed or sat about for a long time. Not saying don't go for it but check and take a battery to check the thing works! Some of the kit has been out of service for a long time. Normal auction stuff really, but if there are lots of the same types of vehicle, it's easy to swap parts about etc to meet larger sales and so on.

• Like 1

I've had no bother, but although it's a special vehicle, I run into on white ( customer Pas anyway). It has 12 weekly inspections and not etc. You need class 2 to drive class 1 to tow anything. We are reaching exempt due to doing tree work and driving the lorry only allows us to do our work, rather than driving being our work (had long discussion on my O Licence seminar about this and got this advice from 3 different VOSA inspectors). I keep a driver's log sheet anyway.

Yea, my mewp is registered special vehicle, but I run on white, saves grief and if your not covering the difference in price by running that vehicle for work you might as well give up!
  • Like 2