Stihl 020av super

WesD

The mix screw has been snapped off the carb, we can get it to run but not for long but it sounds sweet. Going to see if I can get a carb for it and get it up and running. With a 14 inch bar on it it looks like it would be ok for chogging down or dropping connies. 

I also want want to try it to see if as an industry we have moved on or not? Definitely improved on weight saving :D

42 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Looms sweet. Has the screw snapped right inside the carb?

No the mix screw is on the side of the carb, the carb looks like it’s made of an alloy cast of sorts and whoever had it originally probably tried to alter the mix and instead of unscrewing it snapped it! It looks easily done to be fair but the saw looks like it hasn’t done a lot of work the exhaust is still looking new the dog teeth look new clutch etc the same so because of that I’m going to try and source a carb and get it up and running even as a back up back up or to use it every now and then out of novelty. 

my first saw!. These things were heavy, compared to an 020t, but they had grunt. They didnt work too well in heavy rain as I recall. I ended up putting a 16" bar on mine and using it as a ground saw! (before that became officially naughty)....

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I know nothing of these carbs, but could you get a stud extractor in there to remove the screw?

Luckily the piece of cast with the screw which they had snapped was in the casing of the saw, spent today repairing it. Kicked it up and it sounds sweet! Next job order a bar and chain and try it out!

if I think on I’ll take some more pics and maybe a video of the saw running. It has a really nice sound to it!

Luckily the piece of cast with the screw which they had snapped was in the casing of the saw, spent today repairing it. Kicked it up and it sounds sweet! Next job order a bar and chain and try it out!

if I think on I’ll take some more pics and maybe a video of the saw running. It has a really nice sound to it!

Think I have an old 12 or 14" bar off a 010av which I kept thinking it would fit my 200 bit it doesn't. Your welcome to it for FOC if it'll fit.

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

Think I have an old 12 or 14" bar off a 010av which I kept thinking it would fit my 200 bit it doesn't. Your welcome to it for FOC if it'll fit.

Bill a mate of mine thinks he has one in storage I’m nipping up to see him this week but if he doesn’t ill take you up on that kind offer!