Tattoos and company/staff image

Chrissy

What are your thoughts on this?  A couple of our guys are heavily tattoo'd.  Its not something that bothers me personally, and I don't believe it has the same stigma attached to it as it did 30 years ago, but I do notice customers staring sometimes and am not sure what to make of it.  Do you think it is generally bad for the company image?  In an industry that is generally undervalued as it is should we be doing our best to present a smarter image?

• Like 1

I'm pretty heavily tattooed and the only questions I've ever had about my tattoos I've turned into jokes, I imagine it's the same type of client that will nose through their blinds at tattooed tree workers as they would non-white tree workers, and our aging fascist community is a dying breed; literally.

However; tattooed, black, brown, white, straight, gay or ginger I do think we should make an effort, as i'm sure most firms do, to present ourselves smartly and not keep wearing that polo-shirt that got attacked by a silky last summer.

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with tattoos in the workplace and I hope society is getting past the stigma that once was attached to them. I am more interested in people's behaviour & language in front of a client. Good manners always reflects well on a company I think.

• Like 2

I don't see a problem with them personaly, I haven't got any mind.

I think anyone that judges someone for having tattoos would be very narrow minded.

I used to work with a bloke that had tattoos all over his face/head, in fact he was pretty much covered head to toe in them. He was the best foreman/ganger on the firm.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1