New Timberwolf petrol range.

Ty Korrigan

Fuel consumption isn't to be sniffed at!

I have a timberwolf sx200 with the petrol engine. It has a 18 litre tank and will only run 3-4 hours before its completely empty. EX VAT that's about £17 a day. The bigger engine has got to be atleast £25 on a normal day. Compared to £10-12 per day on the diesel equivalent. £12.50 a day, £62 a week or £3k a year increased running cost compared than the diesel equivalent. Over 3-5 years of ownership that is pretty hefty.

The bigger petrol engine has the same 18 litre tank as well. You don't want to be filling up halfway through the day.

1 hour ago, richy_B said:

Fuel consumption isn't to be sniffed at!

I have a timberwolf sx200 with the petrol engine. It has a 18 litre tank and will only run 3-4 hours before its completely empty. EX VAT that's about £17 a day. The bigger engine has got to be atleast £25 on a normal day. Compared to £10-12 per day on the diesel equivalent. £12.50 a day, £62 a week or £3k a year increased running cost compared than the diesel equivalent. Over 3-5 years of ownership that is pretty hefty.

The bigger petrol engine has the same 18 litre tank as well. You don't want to be filling up halfway through the day.

that's alot of hours a day? is shredding slower than chipping? (never used one so no idea) my chipper prob runs about an hour a day when its out on average. I've worked out its around £3 in fuel to fill the transit with chip (white diesel)

The 37 hp engine is a serious player. Forst state it uses no more fuel than the diesel. I will be testing that asap. The speed of the machine sub 4 inches is ridiculous. I think both TW and Forst have a great engine.

If it chips faster than a diesel, with a faster reacting no stress, sub 4 inch (80%) of most daily chipping. Then the fuel issue might be insignificant.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:58, THtreeservices said:

The 37 hp engine is a serious player. Forst state it uses no more fuel than the diesel. I will be testing that asap. The speed of the machine sub 4 inches is ridiculous. I think both TW and Forst have a great engine.

If it chips faster than a diesel, with a faster reacting no stress, sub 4 inch (80%) of most daily chipping. Then the fuel issue might be insignificant.

I see yer taking no risks there Tel by having a wheel clamp fitted .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THtreeservices said:

You should pay more attention :D. Neither truck or chipper is working on double yellow lines xD

Haha I was paying attention, the clamp is touching them and the b*****ds gave me a ticket for a wheel on one once!

Regards security I'm the same, clamp on if it's gonna be out of sight unless backed into a driveway

4 hours ago, dan494 said:

Haha I was paying attention, the clamp is touching them and the b*****ds gave me a ticket for a wheel on one once!

Regards security I'm the same, clamp on if it's gonna be out of sight unless backed into a driveway

Yeah clamp and a few other things, wont stop them but gives you time to react.