TW 190TR two speed tracking

D.G.F.S.

Right, might not bother then as I expect it will cost a fair bob. I do have an hinowa tracked dumper which just has two pipes to each motor and by opening a separate valve on the controls provides more flow to the track motors via the track lever/valves. I was hoping there was a similar system I could retrofit to the 190TR.

Interesting post, In theory yes if you chuck more oil down the pipe to the motor & it dose note choke its self then yes it should turn the motor faster giving the feel of 2 speed, the question you have is where to find the extra oil from ! , We use to be Timberwolf dealers a few years ago & yes there machines were painfully slow, the Greenmech machine in our opinion is quicker over the ground ( model dependent )   I am sure there is something in health & safety that says the chipper can only go a set speed when your on foot, ( if its to fast you may run yourself over )  BB

I don't intend to have to run behind it to keep up but at least a decent walking pace would be nice. Like the hinowa machine I have, second speed is a comfortable controlled speed but you actually get somewhere. I hear the new TW280 has two speed tracking but I may be wrong. It would be interesting finding out how that's set up.

6 hours ago, D.G.F.S. said:

Right, might not bother then as I expect it will cost a fair bob. I do have an hinowa tracked dumper which just has two pipes to each motor and by opening a separate valve on the controls provides more flow to the track motors via the track lever/valves. I was hoping there was a similar system I could retrofit to the 190TR.

Out Hinowa based tracked chipper had two speeds by cutting out half the pistons, thus doubling the speed from the same flow but also halving the torque. Control was by a pilot valve in the track motor.

11 minutes ago, D.G.F.S. said:

Is that something worth considering? Or even worth fitting? The machine is fantastic, can't fault it apart from the tracking speed being a wee bit slow. 

I suppose it depends on the tracking motors currently fitted, I cannot see it being a retrofit to an existing single speed motor as the valve is built into the motor block.

So it's the valve on the motor which determines whether 2 speed tracking is an option? I was under the impression that just increasing flow would produce faster speed but I didn't know where the "extra flow" would come from. I'm pretty good at technical things but electrics and hydraulics I don't know too much about. One usually leaks and the other one produces smoke.