Has anyone tried this harness?

jones

For just over twice that price you could get a CE tested harness from a big brand.

I must say the big manufactures do get it wrong from time to time and that is with all the regular checks and inspections they do. Plus if they do find a major fault they will recall the product, I wonder how many of these unknown brands would do the same? I would buy a used branded harness before buying that one tbh, it doesnt seem to have any conformity to any kind of testing be it CE or ANSI.

I can't believe you're even thinking about it. It's a fall-arrest harness, not a work position harness. It's not suitable for sitting in all day.

How much do you value your life? £55?

Automatic LOLER failure for tree work, as it's not suitable.

I'm guessing you haven't had the training, or you'd know the difference.

Come on guys it’s an inoustrial safety harness how can this not be fit for purpose?

It is CE marked and providing the EN numbers are relevant and all is legit I’d pass it during a LOLER inspection. Although as it’s a brand I am not familiar with, very dubious about how legit the product/certification is and given the quick google search which I made gave me nothing I’d fail it without question

52C0A1EC-A64D-4935-9951-3B1BD508EAD4.png

54 minutes ago, daltontrees said:

I can't believe you're even thinking about it. It's a fall-arrest harness, not a work position harness. It's not suitable for sitting in all day.

How much do you value your life? £55?

Automatic LOLER failure for tree work, as it's not suitable.

I'm guessing you haven't had the training, or you'd know the difference.

Are we looking at the same harness here?

The one I see is is a direct rip-off of a Petzl Avao sit.

It is most definitely NOT a fall arrest harness!

Screenshot_2017-10-08-09-33-41~2.jpg

Edited by Mat

29 minutes ago, justin131 said:

Thanks Justin.  It does look a bit better

I would not even discuss the harness type nor the certification (or lack of). 
That's Chinese shit. Not only can kill you but you also not sporting a brand which actually care about product's design and safety. 

Save a bit more and get a treeup for instance.
If you buy that chinese crap I am prety sure you will regret as soon as you start climbing with it.

Edited by Arrozdoce
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2017 at 09:28, Mat said:

Are we looking at the same harness here?

The one I see is is a direct rip-off of a Petzl Avao sit.

It is most definitely NOT a fall arrest harness!

Screenshot_2017-10-08-09-33-41~2.jpg

I just meant it is being advertised as a fall-arrest harness, that is all the seller is claiming. As you say it looks like an Avao, although some of the details are different. It has an illegible CE ticket on it. If you use this for work positioning and it fails (or just turns out to be unusable), if you could even track down the seller in Shanghai he might say he only ever sold it as fall arrest.

I imagine the seller's brief to the sweatshop where it was made was 'make it look like an Avao, cause that's the only way it'll ever sell to gullible bargain-hunters. Oh, and stick a CE ticket on it'. Then the seller didn't even have the wit to market it as a work position harness, which Petzl describe the simulacrum Avao as a " work positioning seat harness".

I wouldn't take it for nothing.

• Like 2