Whats your exit strategy?

Steve Bullman

They all ways say one in one out and a very spooky thing in our family in febuary, one of my daughters rang me to say that her sister had just had a little boy @ 17.05, when i got home my uncle rang to say my aunt had taken a turn for the worse, 10am morning after my aunt had passed away so one in one out within 24 hrs and then on the day of the funeral one of my daughters did not attend and then annouced later in the day that she had been in hospital having a scan and she was expecting,

Are your affairs in order?
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, AHPP said:

Are your affairs in order?

No but i think its something i need to start planing and have a look at as we dont know whats round the corner, not really thinking of going any where just yet but who knows, there has been 2 or 3 people i know of late that have passed away, 2 in there later 40s and one in her early 50s so its may be time to get some thing in place, 

On 08/10/2017 at 10:29, Marula said:

I contacted Lantra and City and guilds and was told that. They apparently only gave so many spaces from which work is handed out.

You can become a LANTRA Instructor any time you want, you just have to prove you are good enough by jumping through the hoops, and paying for each hoop of course.

Assessing is different depending on your location, there might be a shortage of climbing unit assessors in say, Bristol, but loads of ground based, so you have to find an assessment centre who needs more assessors to cover the units being booked.

Most of the guys I work with have ideas to go down this route, half of them can’t even do the cuts properly, the others know next to nothing about Forestry and most of them don’t know a fraction of what they need to know about legislation/law etc.

I have three years left on the mortgage, speak okay Spanish and have my eye on 10 hectares of woodland just outside Bilbao.

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

I have three years left on the mortgage, speak okay Spanish and have my eye on 10 hectares of woodland just outside Bilbao.

Bilbao is about as far south as I could stand, I can read spanish reasonably, speak next to none and understand very little of it when spoken but was sorely tempted.

I haven't been on the forum for a while now but have now made a reappearance because we've decided to wrap up the business as of next Saturday my business partner is moving to lands far away from where we are now and to be honest I am absolutely buggered and glad to be stopping the business sad to see him go but life moves on now I am going to concentrate on plant repairs/engineering which was always my main line of work having left my full time job last year my new business is fully operational with a good selection of customers from in a way I am gutted to see it all come to an end but in others the physical strain of climbing dragging brash has knocked the fun out of it so I think its a good time to bow out 

13 minutes ago, Breezeblock said:

I haven't been on the forum for a while now but have now made a reappearance because we've decided to wrap up the business as of next Saturday my business partner is moving to lands far away from where we are now and to be honest I am absolutely buggered and glad to be stopping the business sad to see him go but life moves on now I am going to concentrate on plant repairs/engineering which was always my main line of work having left my full time job last year my new business is fully operational with a good selection of customers from in a way I am gutted to see it all come to an end but in others the physical strain of climbing dragging brash has knocked the fun out of it so I think its a good time to bow out 

The papers will probably be interested in a story as rare as a business partnership that doesn't go sour. Pleased it worked for you.