promotion ?

Gavin

Hi guys whats your thoughts on this ?

will be doing a load of promo work at local supermarkets etc over next few weeks.

have some good mates / managers at places like sainsburys B&Q etc

have taped them up for a few Hours outside doing leaflets , standing aroun truck chipper saws .

if it gets your name out there its got to be worth it .

so the vans clean and chippers gleaming the saws are shiny and the work gear is washed , leaflets at the ready and note pad in hand for contacts.

we are 1month booked up but you all know what its like , we all want to be booked up for the next 6 months ...:001_smile:

Not a bad idea mate. However if they see you outside promoting the business with all the kit it could come across that you are not busy (i.e. not good)! I am not implying this of course and im sure you run a great business but it may be how Joe public think!

On the flip side it could be a great way, as you say, of getting the name out there. I would think Sat would be the best time as not a working day and will be most busy IMO.

However you go, good luck and let us know how you get on.:001_smile:

Cheers

Not a bad idea mate. However if they see you outside promoting the business with all the kit it could come across that you are not busy (i.e. not good)! I am not implying this of course and im sure you run a great business but it may be how Joe public think!

On the flip side it could be a great way, as you say, of getting the name out there. I would think Sat would be the best time as not a working day and will be most busy IMO.

However you go, good luck and let us know how you get on.:001_smile:

Cheers

I agree with you that during the week people may think that. I will be there with gavin as the more work he gets in the more work i get :thumbup:.

not too sure if the saws should be on show only takes one person to have a go or find out were you live or see you on a job and try his/her luck something to think about gavin (boss)

it depends on your target customer, the family man with 2 screaming bored kids that has probably fallen out with his wife aint going to be interested in someone handing out leaflets for tree cutting 1 pay check away from christmas imo, the type of person who picks there workman from flyers isnt always the best customer either. now my target customer is the either the retired gent or lady or the organised person, who knows what they want when they want it. So i park my van in the supermarket carpark at 8 am till 8.30am and do my messages for the day, All the folk who dont mess about and make the most of their lifes are in waiting for the door to open so they can get their DAILY shop done then go for a game of golf or out in their boat, as does the professional younger person too. If they see you they will ask for a card, and leave it at that and call you when they say they will or you head round and see then in half an hour and then do it straight away so they can tick it off their job list. the weekend is full of folk who buy ALL their shopping in one day, they have to budget their life to eat so they are not going to have spare cash to look after their trees if they have any. just my 2p, good luck:001_smile:

I did a similar thing with the Unimog and all my kit in the centre of Guildford some years ago for The Surrey Advertiser, Woking Chambers of Commerce and The Prince's Trust.

Generated loads of business but you have to rely on interest in the kit to get talking to people.

If you have time make up some display boards and some leaflet dispensers.

Good Luck :)

I did a similar thing with the Unimog and all my kit in the centre of Guildford some years ago for The Surrey Advertiser, Woking Chambers of Commerce and The Prince's Trust.

Generated loads of business but you have to rely on interest in the kit to get talking to people.

If you have time make up some display boards and some leaflet dispensers.

Good Luck :)

thank you all I will tell gavin tomorrow when I see him in the morning he also said that harwoods are also going to be outside the same day.

And iam sure he is getting some boards done in the near furture for when we go and park up in middle of town as another local guy did so fingers crossed :thumbup:

Good luck, I think it will work. Every time I stop at the local shops at least one person will come over and talk about trees, equipment and so on without really trying "hard sell". Somewhere like a supermarket is excellent, men are easily bored with buying bogrolls and toilet cleaner, any excuse to look at chippers, trucks and machinery in general breaks that monotony.

good idea mate, hope it works out for you, i seen this a few times in oz with company's that install swimming pools, they had all the diggers and gear on show and all the staff had the same uniform on they looked very professional and generated alot of interest.

Good on you mate for thinking out the box :thumbup1: