What's the best processor.

Celtictimber

I'm not sure what they are now because of the exchange rate and ours was a part ex deal.

I think the 480+ was 17k last year plus the log deck, the standard model is a bit less and the 400 is quite a lot cheaper, ours was 12k with the log deck 4 years ago but that was when they were trying to get a few more into the country.

I can pm you the dealers email if you want the current prices.

480 is £17950 add £4000 for the plus model.
400 is still around £12000 I believe.
New bigger log loader is £2500
Smallest live log deck is £4950
4m trailer one £8000odd

(Not a dealer) just had a quote to upgrade ours [emoji851]
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

480 is £17950 add £4000 for the plus model.
400 is still around £12000 I believe.
New bigger log loader is £2500
Smallest live log deck is £4950
4m trailer one £8000odd

(Not a dealer) just had a quote to upgrade ours emoji851.png

That's interesting to know. 

I was wondering why it was when they told me we were still the only ones in the country with the plus. That's a big increase from when be bought ours, I wouldn't want to lose the auto splitter height now but that's a big difference, especially compared to the 400.

Not too sure I'd agree with that statement.  PTO and engine produce similar volumes.  Only downside to the engine is that it's a bit of a walk to get to the starter rope when the engine stalls.  Electric start engine has been ordered!

I've no opinion on what is the best processor, but will say that for my needs the WP36 fitted the bill nicely.  

May not be the case on newer models but the older one I hired was gutless with the petrol engine. Totally different machine off PTO. It’s versatile machine though I can’t argue with that

Another happy Farmi user here and  it's quick if not quicker than any machine with small diameter timber but slows up a bit with wood over say 8". Not the heaviest construction but tough enough for a sensible user. If I was big into logs and did not need road tow I would get a Tajfan. Seen great demos at shows and so many happy users on here. Posch build quality always seems the best and you see some pretty old ones still in working order but they always seem a bit on the slow side and fussy about timber straightness. Dalen also looks simple and well built but never seen a demo.

• 2 weeks later...

Iam running a Transaw, the build quality is superb, it is built tough, it's running the latest spec and with the 8/4/2 knife i find that the stoppage time in any given period is minimal, it's producing great product at a high rate, the fact i don't have to swap knives or sharpen chains means it's relentless, feeding it with 12 inch timber is great, with the deck set up like i have it i cannot see many areas to improve on, although i do need a cleaner and some saw dust extraction, this week i have had a customer trial a whole load of different logs from different suppliers, they have said nothing even comes close to what i supplied them and that was just straight off the transaw and dried, nice to hear and in fairness i suspect some were from arb arising so poss not a fair comparison, but i know one guy uses a processor but judging by the inconsistent sizes i think he got fed up swapping knives, no machine is perfect and they all have there pros and cons, and it's how we work around those to get optimum efficiency and output, have fun and keep chopping !