Hello I have a tajfun 400 
It was working perfectly until last week when the cylinder would not work properly , 
I have changed the switch inside the controller (to a new one )that sends the signal to the cylinder to work I also replaced the relay and the timer switch but still no good.
If I hold the controller it will split the timber but it will not allow any other function to happen, we have 40 amps going into the machine so it is not a power supply.
The back of the cylinder is clean so that is not the problem.

if anybody has had this problem I would love to hear from ye as I can not think of any other causes.

IMG_1911.MOV

• Like 1

That's a weird one, had similar but it was always stuff behind. I'm trying to remember the inside of the joystick, I'm assuming it's the same as the 480 (ours was).

I take it the switch you replaced is the tiny grey ones? Have you tried pushing the metal tab on it with a screwdriver to make sure it works, you should hear them click.

A stupid error we had with ours was the hydraulics dropping out on the conveyor - that turned out to be the electric socket to the tractor was slightly loose, it measured fine but it was actually shaking slightly from the chainsaw vibrations and the electric would cut out during cutting. 

Might also be worth disconnecting the red reverse button to see if that's jammed on.

5 minutes later: :)

I can't be bothered to delete everything I just wrote but I just watched the video and the joystick seems fine, I'm wondering if there's a slight twist or something in the machine and it's making the guard jump and switch it off. Have you tried leaning on the guard?

Otherwise I think it must be a sensor, especially since it's stopping in the same place. Sorry if none of that helps, just thinking out loud. Kilworth machinery are probably your best choice to call. 

Firstly check the fuses in the main switch box behind the panel underneath the joystick. Has caused us issues in the past and odd problems at that. Not logical ones.

Then If you take the other panel off over the oil cooler and work the joystick you should see the lights coming on and off for each operation. Make sure the relevant ones light up to rule out issues there.

Have you checked the cylinder and sensor below the joystick that tells the solenoid that the splitter ram has finished its cycle etc? There’s a spring in there that can snap and also check the little yellow light comes on on the sensor.

• 1 year later...

Here's an even stranger issue.

Connected up the 480P for the very 1st time today as delivered by Kilworth.

Checked there is 12volts from battery.

Press and hold green button d - display lights then goes out as soon as you release button.

Tried this multiple times.

1 time and hour glass egg timer symbol lit up in top l/hand corner of display.

Alarmingly at one time when I had engaged PTO tractor lever and was raising the tractor clutch - the Log conveyor started to extend by itself while still folded up !!!  Lucky it did not wreck the conveyor.

Read the manual multiple times and still it will not operate.

We were planning a lot of processing over the Bank holiday weekend and Monday.

Emailed Kilworth but no expecting a reply before Tuesday of course.

I think I have exhausted my current knowledge. Electronics issue probable for solenoid to self function and the conveyor to start to extend on its own.

Any suggestions appreciated?

Edited by arboriculturist