Piss poor machinery

simonm

It didn't really, paintwork was crap and pealing and had a few cracks in feed hopper on crap welds and a bent hub, we had already had the spout strengthened after it almost blown through. After nearly a year of chasing them I eventually lost it nd got them to take it in for repair, after 12weeks and story's of panels not getting re painted properly/needing redoing I lost it again so they rebuild it with all new parts and made a very good job of it out of courtesy but by this time I'd decided to go bigger and ordered a bandit so need to sell the forst to buy a smaller chipper as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I always get you two confused because of the similar avatars.

Anyway, bad luck on the new stuff, had a bit of that myself over here. 

Wow only just noticed that, well I am the original and best being one of the first members here....

• Like 1

Simon, to compare a chipper to a Ford is an unfair comparison Ford operate on billions and is a multi national company.

I also bought a brand new Volvo and that thing has been into the dealers more times than I care to remember with teething issues something that affected 1000's of people on the new 4cyl engines that they spent millions developing.

chippers are produced in such limited numbers that our expectations for the cost sometimes don't realise.

Although i honestly feel manufacturers should do more and don't always get it right.

I feel your stress I really do but it happens, it's all part of the trial and tribulations of running a business.

For me a lot of the new kit is a vast improvement on the old.

My comments on the owner operator of Bandit machines thinking of going to Forst just demonstrates our wildly different opinions because for me they are totally different machines.