Piss poor machinery

simonm

Does tree related machinery seem to be getting more & more unreliable?

Ive had a brand new grinder with 50 ish hours on the clock throw a conrod through the engine, its now been in for replacement engine for 6 weeks!

A brand new track chipper that spent more time in for repair than out working!

Now another new track machine that has a leaking fuel tank, hydraulic pick up pipe is in the most vulnerable place it could be and manufacturer doesn't seem to think its an issue, a hydraulic pipe that is being ground away by a steel place & spring there through poor design.

These are all brand new machines well looked after, not thrashed and low hours! customer service seems  non existent & piss poor design the normality! 

• Like 1

I have no idea if they or cheap or expensive compared to others (don't look cheap mind!)

My point was you can get what you pay for at times.

I think in an ever competitive market that all suppliers/manufacturers try to reduce costs while keeping or increasing their returns, often leading to ever falling standards.

Seems to be getting more and more difficult to actually find quality products.

Ive had a brand new grinder with 50 ish hours on the clock throw a conrod through the engine, its now been in for replacement engine for 6 weeks!

Now another new track machine that has a leaking fuel tank, hydraulic pick up pipe is in the most vulnerable place it could be and manufacturer doesn't seem to think its an issue, a hydraulic pipe that is being ground away by a steel place & spring there through poor design.

These are all brand new machines well looked after, not thrashed and low hours! customer service seems  non existent & piss poor design the normality! 

What was the conclusion with the engine failure, has anyone contacted you?

i bet the chippers weren't Bandit or Schliesling - I'm still mashing in the back of my tipper, but think if i had storage for a machine I would rather do 10k on a pre loved Shliesling e.g 480 Ex , or 150 Bandit and then 10k on repairs than a brand spanker for 20 - appreciate finance comes into it though

The Schliesing 480EX and Bandit 150 are my two favourites for a wheeled chipper - a decent tracked machine would be out of my range without finance, although the Jensen A340T looks worth repairing. I can mash quite a big broadleaf with the saw and get it away in one or two. If I was fully invested in arb it would be as a conny basher. Take a tractor up to it with a TP250.

Sorry another pointless post, easy spending other peoples money

Dream chipper http://www.globalrecycling.eu/equipment/schliesing-480mx-2/

Edited by tree-fancier123

23 hours ago, simonm said:

What are the make/models?  

Edited by benedmonds