Best sub 750kg chipper?

benedmonds

I know this is often discussed, but there have been lots of new little chippers out in the last few years..

I am considering a 750Kg machine. I have not used one for over 15 years and we have bigger chippers.. It is to be a back up, or for smaller jobs or for guys who have yet to do their towing licence.   

The TW 230 had a lot of positive feedback, was it hype? are they holding up? Are they much better than  an old 150?

Geenmech 130?

Forst ST6

Advice and recommendations..  It won't be out every day so don't really want to spend big bucks but if the newer machines are if a different league then it might be worth it.

We have 3 timberwolfs and so they are probably top of my list.  

On the GreenMech front there is several options on sub 750kg..

In the Arborist range you have...

Arborist 130 - 23hp petrol, 6x9" capacity, braked chassis, adjustable drawbar, locking hitch, led lights etc

Arborist 150P - 37hp fuel injected petrol, 6x9" capacity, braked chassis, adjustable drawbar, locking hitch, led lights etc

Arborist 150 diesel, available in 26hp N/A or 34hp turbo diesel, both Kubota, 6x9" capacity, braked chassis, adjustable drawbar, locking hitch, led lights

Then you have the Quadchip 160, 34hp Kubota turbo diesel, turntable, braked chassis etc.

3 years warranty on the whole range

Get one on a demo, you will be impressed!

Edited by GA Groundcare

I've been using a mates GM130 recently and am very impressed with it.

I think it boxes above it's class.

Powerfull rollers and picks up quickly.

Makes fine chip too.

Maintenance is simple, easy to change blades and grease up.

I currently run a GM200 and Quadchip so I feel I can make an objective comparison.

The new 37hp 150P poses a question mind.

It is 38% more powerfull than the GM130 yet only 18% more productive according to the factoids on the web.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan

28 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I've been using a mates GM130 recently and am very impressed with it.

I think it boxes above it's class.

Powerfull rollers and picks up quickly.

Makes fine chip too.

Maintenance is simple, easy to change blades and grease up.

I currently run a GM200 and Quadchip so I feel I can make an objective comparison.

The new 37hp 150P poses a question mind.

It is 38% more powerfull than the GM130 yet only 18% more productive according to the factoids on the web.

Ty

I wouldn't get too hung up on throughput figures as it is a kg measurement, many variables.. Even if you are looking at figures on paper it is still over a third of a transit load extra per hour! Quite an amount really. 

1 hour ago, treevolution said:

How have you found the GM 200. Not seen any reviews of it yet.

I worked my way through the GM range from CS100 to the Arborist 200. Rented the 150 when demand required an extra machine. 

The 200 is a very solid machine.

Much more robust than the 750kg class.

I like the extra safety buttons on the hopper sides and deep hopper. 

No chance of idiot Frenchmen getting their legs chewed off kicking brash into the rollers. A push paddle is provided for this.

We have attached a cidre bottle holder to the hopper and a cone carrying bracket bolted to a wheel arch.

There is a plastic curtain in the hopper which is to prevent shrapnel from exploding branches as they get crushed by the rollers.

It can eat anything 2 men can drag into it. I used it last week on a site clearance where is was invaluable and next week we have a giant Macrocarpa to shove through it. Loves a good macro does the 200.

Chip is fine, blades easy to access and turn and greasing points obvious.

Only slightly annoying thing is that the chute doesn't hinge for low roof storage.

Ty